StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wants me to pick up dinner. I want to ride my bike. How do you guys recommend carrying carryout on my bike? I have no saddle bags or anything. Plenty of rope and bungees.

Thanks.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Top box. I used to get Chinese food, packed it into my side cases and took them to pre-designated, by my wife, picnic area. I once tried to carry pizza on the back adventure plate. I strapped it down to the bike and off I went. On the last turn onto the driveway the pizza went whammmm onto the pavement. We had pizza with shifted toppings.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
My wife wants me to pick up dinner. I want to ride my bike. How do you guys recommend carrying carryout on my bike? I have no saddle bags or anything. Plenty of rope and bungees.

Thanks.
Sandwiches/subs in a backpack? I usually just expand my tank bag and shove stuff in there to keep things from bouncing around in my tail box.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No top box or net. I'm picking up ribs and stuff in the traditional styrofoam container.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Take the car to pick up the food, then go for a nice ride after dinner. :thumbup:

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Topbox...except for pizzas and anything with >1 included drink. Then, it's the truck. Thinking about getting a rack for the topbox for pizza.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
This is why top cases were invented. You're SOL for today, but get one.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I've had good luck balancing a pizza or 2 stacked on my tank between my forearms, haven't lost one yet
I saw one of your pics and was tempted to give it a try. But, odds are I wouldn't fare so well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sounds fun! Been there, done that.
First choice: a top box.
If you don't have one yet, it's worth it to get a top box. That is, if you want one.
There are some less expensive options from JC Whitney or ebay. Or even some soft bags maybe?
Second choice: a backpack. Your body won't shake up the food as much as something tied to the bike on a bumpy road.
Third choice: A basket or dry bag strapped to the rear seat or the rear carrier.
The hard part is the soda!! :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Actually with the drinks, I carry a medium coffee from DD cross-bungeed to the rack three miles to work quite often and never lost one!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Fairly flat stuff works in the top case, drinks, etc go in the Trax side boxes. Working on a way to stabilize a drink carrier so it won't move around. We have a DQ down the street, and my wife likes blizzards. I'm only too happy to oblige. :) Have to remember to have them cap em. Made THAT mistake once. Eww...

Eric Lorenz
2007 Wee Strom 650A

·
Registered
491 Posts
Bestem 929 with lights baby! I pick up all manner of take out and groceries in this thing. It rocks! Plus you look like a UFO going down the road at night.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts