StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and got no specific hits...I can't be the first to want to do this...Any body found a way to light up the hard bags and top case with aux tail lights? Is there a kit that replaces the reflectors with lights?

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I did a search and got no specific hits...I can't be the first to want to do this...Any body found a way to light up the hard bags and top case with aux tail lights? Is there a kit that replaces the reflectors with lights?

Thanks in advance...
You can install Hyperlites just about anywhere. They're extremely bright and available with or without flasher modules.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have been useing AdMore lightings led kit for my E460 that I swap between the FJR and Wee. Two led strips fit inside the reflectors, one on each side. A controller under the seat matches the flash from oem to led. What neat is you get tail lights, turn signals and flasher and brake lights. Very cool. Mike in Fremont, Ca.

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Some folks who have had to ride the slab long distances at night have bought 5 LED battery powered bicycle rear lights, and mounting them on the bags. They don't do anything but give you a bigger profile.

It's a lot easier to mount red or black reflective tape on the back of the cases, and possibly more effective.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I added brake lights to my top box and blinkers to my side cases. I used water proof quick disconnect plugs from a giant scale R/C airplane so that I could still easily remove the cases from their mounts. I'll try to take some pics later today and post them up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts