StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with soft tailbags. I'm getting a 650 VS and I would rather have a soft style that I can easily take off and carry with me than a hard case.

I know there are tank bags but figured putting a bag on the back rack would save tank scratches. I'm not looking for a big bag, maybe something simillar in size to a napsack or a tankbag. Something easy to put on and take off.

Anyone have any suggestions? recomendations?

Thanx

Canadian

·
Registered
30 Posts
Take a look at the oxford products; http://www.oxprod.com/ , Goodtime carries most of this stuff.

Givi also makes some decent soft luggage. I think I am going to get the Givi V46 Topcase. I also have an Oxford Tank Bag, but I don't like the way it sites on the bike, and Teknic Sportbike Saddle Bags. Hard luggage is great because you can lock it, ackward items are easier manage, and it is waterproof.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a Marsee tail pack designed for the BMW R11GS. It's big enough for a 3-4 day trip and very well made. It ain't cheap and takes up the passenger seat, though.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've got the system hux is referring to and it is by far the best i've found.the tailbag mounts securely and is easily removed.i've also used the tailbag designed for back on the rear rack and it's nice if you still need your passenger seat.can't say enough about the quality of their stuff,i've got 80,000+ miles on one of their tankbags through 3 bikes and all kinds of weather and other than faded color it is in excellent shape.several others i've used have had the seams come apart and the map window dry or yellow beyond function.definitely check this stuff out once you get tired of replacing junk luggage every season.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also check out www.revpack.com They make their stuff on site and has a lifetime guarantee. I've been to the "factory" a few times (actually, it's just 3-5 people sewing stuff) and quality is first rate. I have their excursion pack (great for camping--huge!) and will be looking into their saddlepacks soon.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DesertDave said:
Also check out www.revpack.com They make their stuff on site and has a lifetime guarantee. I've been to the "factory" a few times (actually, it's just 3-5 people sewing stuff) and quality is first rate. I have their excursion pack (great for camping--huge!) and will be looking into their saddlepacks soon.
Make that two votes for RevPack. I have their tour pack (a somewhat smaller version of their excursion pack), their seat pack and a couple of their duffels. Their quality is first rate and they have lots of D-ring attachement points to secure them to your bike and attach other bags to them as well. See them at www.revpack.com

Helen TwoWheels makes an excellent line of bags as well. A buddy with a GS has this gear and it's really well made, looks good and is well designed. This company understands packing logistics FAR better than any luggage maker I've seen. See them at www.helen2wheels.com

Marsee makes excellent products as well. Their tank bags some of the best I've seen. Most have interchangeable zip-off magnetic or strap-based attachment systems. Marsee is one of the few companies that shield their magnets on their tank bags to prevent your bank cards from getting scrambled.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when i'm not using the trunk or need an additional bag on the rear seat i've been using a touring bag from kushitani.has all the straps built into it's base,a rain cover,water bottle holder,and even comes with a cool little briefcase inside it.loads of pockets and very user-friendly.just a little on the expensive side but i have really come to like their stuff over the years.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Joe Rocket bag has bungees built in. That's one of the reasons I like it. I saw a few other bags when I was at Iron Pony that had built in straps/bungees/etc.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Check the tourmaster cortech sport tailbag. Looks good.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the Marsee 22L tail bag for my DL650. Easy to attach and take off, secure mounting, reasonable size, carring handle and strap. Comes with a rain cover.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
yukon42 said:
Check the tourmaster cortech sport tailbag. Looks good.
I have the Cortech Sport bag and it fits the tail very well. It secures with two bungees and can expand on both sides for more storage.
They also have matching saddlebags too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts