StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I IJust pick these up today locally here in Dallas. These things look really nice and seem to be sturdy. They even have a little metal piece that is replaceable and in the event of a tip over the little replaceable piece takes the damage and not the bars. Tested them out at about 90mph and I couldn't tell of any vibration or anything. I know the givi connect to the small 4 Allen bolts at the frame. These attach to the main rod that runs across the bike and one of those smaller Allen bolts.
Paid $169 for them.

And I got a t shirt and some stickers

·
Administrator
16,619 Posts
Looks like a nice product, do they have for the earlier year 650's?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wow a lot of metal in those crash bars - built like a tank. Nice bars - looks great, Ideal touring bars With just a little mod you could mount a forward pair of panniers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the heads up and pics. If it's not too much trouble, could you take a few pics specifically of where an how they mount? I tried to sort it out from the pics but I feel like I'm missing something. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
They do look good and the price seems as low as they come. Could you please drop the bike and let us know how well they work? I like to do it at an enter section with lots of people watching. Or at a stop sign by putting my foot down in a hole.
LMAO!

Wish I had a dollar for every time I went to put a foot down either to have it land in a hole, oil, coolant, mud, or just loose gravel and begin to feel the bike fall over. Quite a few times where I ended up in a Mexican Standoff for a minute or so - not enough strength to get it back up right but not willing to drop it either.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So the ones I had originally installed were for the previous model year (2016). I sent them an email because I thought they were really close to an area where they shouldn't be. They apologized and let me know they gave me the wrong ones. I removed them and exchanged them for the correct year bars (2017). These actually look better and I like how they mount at two locations across the front. Very cool!

I also got a good look at their skid plate that is coming out. Not only is it the best looking skid plate IMO but it also mounts to the frame and not the engine or crash bars. As soon as its released I'm getting one.

They also said they are updated and totally revamping their website.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They don’t make them for 2014 Vstrom 650’s. Bummer.
They do. The ones I had on the bike originally were for the previous generation vstrom 650. They will fit your bike. I got the wrong ones by mistake but then figured it out and put the right ones on. Im local to them so I just went by there and exchanged them.

Their website is pretty bad right now (they are working on it) but if you call them they can get them to you. They make some quality stuff.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Email they sent me. Is this the right company?

Hi,

Unfortunately we do not make crash bars for the 2014 models.

Your business is appreciated.

Thanks,
Carlos
T-Rex Racing Inc.
11351 Anaheim Dr, Dallas, TX 75229
(972) 243-7868

For more motorcycle accessories, visit us at:

www.t-rex-racing.com

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Hi,

Thanks,
Carlos
T-Rex Racing Inc.
(972) 243-7868

www.t-rex-racing.com
Is the 14 different than the 16? Im pretty sure its the same thing. And if it is than they do have some for that bike. Maybe send them a picture of the ones I originally had on my bike and ask them about it. Im sure they remember me and will know what you are talking about. I was just in there exchanging the bars 2 days ago.

·
Administrator
16,619 Posts

Hi,

Thanks,
Carlos
T-Rex Racing Inc.
(972) 243-7868

www.t-rex-racing.com

The 12-16 650's are the same bike.......you're good. :fineprint:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 12-16 650's are the same bike.......you're good. :fineprint:
Yeah I think Carlos doesn't know what they got. Im pretty sure they are relatively new to creating parts for the vstroms. They make some great stuff though. Wait till you guys see the skid plate.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
New email.

Hi,

Sorry, I stand corrected. We do make the cages we just haven't had time to take picture and get the listing posted. $159.95 is the price point.

Thanks,
Carlos
T-Rex Racing Inc.
(972) 243-7868

www.t-rex-racing.com

1 - 20 of 78 Posts