StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
My OEM bars cracked at a weld. When I took them locally for rewelding the person pointed out how thin the tubing was. And the welds were sub par. Neither of us were impressed.
I bought the T-Rex and they are much thicker tubing with excellent welds. Glad I made that decision.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Thoughts or recommendations, pluses or minuses on stock versus T-Rex engine guards?
I had TRex on my FJR, paint was chipping after a year, and flaking off in a few places, some rusty water came out when I removed them. Otherwise they look quality product, if only the paint was better. (never had to test them)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had TRex on my FJR, paint was chipping after a year, and flaking off in a few places, some rusty water came out when I removed them. Otherwise they look quality product, if only the paint was better. (never had to test them)
Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to call T-Rex to find out if they still paint or it's a powder coat now.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
T-Rex👍
Excellent product and support.
Accidentally tested them out with a pillion on a slick slab low water crossing🙄.
Only damage was a scratched puck on the RH side. Very tough and well built.

·
Registered
912 Posts
In my limited experience with T-Rex products I found them to my liking as to quality and pricing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi,

I have T-Rex bars on my 2019 Strom. They are great. Also, for me, the way they attach, they took away what little vibes I had through the bars. I get a hint of vibes at 6400 rpm. Before mounting the bars I got some vibes at 5500 rpm. Great product with a great side benefit!!

Take care,
Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts