StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Need advise how to wire auto cut to grip heaters so they don't over load battery while at traffic light or in stop n go traffic.

I have searched but couldn't find it. I remember reading a thread that someone wired heates to brake light lead to cut power. I'm just looking for more detail on the wiring.

Any help would be much appreciated! :smile2:

Jamie Tamburrini

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
You can use the OEM heated grip connector behind the radiator. It goes off with the ignition. Any other orange/green + wire can also be used, including the one powering the rear brake light switch. It's best to use the battery - for ground in the latter case.

To get it to go off at idle, you can wire a normally closed relay to a white/black brake light wire so the relay will cut power when either brake is applied.

·
Super Moderator
16,866 Posts
The heated grips on low or even high are not really taxing the system that terribly much "I see maybe a .2 voltage drop on my on board voltmeter". Heated vests/gloves and grips would "really" be taxing the system, you could also get a headlight cut out switch to drop down a bulb as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts