StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, sorry I have searched but still cant seem to find an answer.... I am looking to put hard cases, either kappa 33 or pelicans on my newvee and wish to keep things symmetrical and leave plenty of space for a tool tube....anal I know, any help appreciated.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I ran into Jason from Happy Trails and we discussed the thread he started on this site asking opinions for the rack design for the twelve. I am pretty sure he told me the new racks are symmetrical.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'd guess because of the bodywork at the back end, then all frames that don't go follow the bodyworks contour will have room for a tool tube. There certainly is on the Touratech frames I've just fitted to my L2.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Givi do two kinds of racks. One straight set for the old bags, and a curved set for the new V35 bags. The V35s only come in one size. I guess you can mix and match the old ones.

·
Registered
15,266 Posts
I've got the Suzuki mounts with Sea Horse, 27 liter pelican like bags. Room for the 4" tool tube.
At the Havasu gathering a few months ago seemed like of 12 bikes there were no copies of luggage stuff. They all be different. No consensus there!
Some are practical and low cost, mine, and others may go for Touratech.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The bags don't have to be symmetrical to mount a tool tube. I put one in the hole left by SW-Motech quick lock mounts and you can easily see the left bag is in closer. I can't recommend the mounts though. They don't fit properly without modification.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hi, sorry I have searched but still cant seem to find an answer.... I am looking to put hard cases, either kappa 33 or pelicans on my newvee and wish to keep things symmetrical and leave plenty of space for a tool tube....anal I know, any help appreciated.
I have the K33s, and because they use the Givi PLX style rack that is both asymmetrical and curves inwards towards the bike, they are not the best choice if you want "plenty of space" for a tool tube. I'll check to see how much room there actually is tonight, but it's definitely much tighter to the bike than Greywolf's picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts