StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to switch to these lights for a little more winter visibility. Anyone tried them. Worth it? Which model (s) did you buy for the Strom?

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Would like to switch to these lights for a little more winter visibility. Anyone tried them. Worth it? Which model (s) did you buy for the Strom?

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
The Silverstars are a good deal brighter(whiter) than the stock bulbs. I don't know what they look like in snowy conditions, but they are fine in the rain.

The Strom takes H4 bulbs.

Silverstar Ultras are out now also, but not yet in an H4. I'm curious to see if they would be any brighter.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
The Silverstars are a good deal brighter(whiter) than the stock bulbs. I don't know what they look like in snowy conditions, but they are fine in the rain.

The Strom takes H4 bulbs.

Silverstar Ultras are out now also, but not yet in an H4. I'm curious to see if they would be any brighter.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
WeThereYet said:
There's a motorcycle-specific version of the bulb. H4ST

I bought a pair but haven't tried them yet.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
WeThereYet said:
There's a motorcycle-specific version of the bulb. H4ST

I bought a pair but haven't tried them yet.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
H4ST is the just part number for the Silverstar H4 bulb, its not a motorcycle specific bulb. Although a motorcycle specific version would be nice, made more heavy duty so they last longer and could withstand more vibration. The H4 bulb is used as a fog/driving light bulb for some cars also.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
H4ST is the just part number for the Silverstar H4 bulb, its not a motorcycle specific bulb. Although a motorcycle specific version would be nice, made more heavy duty so they last longer and could withstand more vibration. The H4 bulb is used as a fog/driving light bulb for some cars also.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I guess you're right. In chart format, it wasn't clear at a glance.

H4 SilverStar Headlight

High Performance Halogen Headlight -
Dual filament for both high beam and low beam -
For Motorcycle Use - part number: H4ST

·
Registered
123 Posts
Holy double-posts!

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
He..He ha..ha..has a st...stu..st..stutter.

Don't worry, once I have regained my full moderator's powers I will delete the offending duplicates. The new forum seems to have removed my super-powers. Hopefully, it is temporary.

Holy double-posts!

M

·
0 Posts
MUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! He's Weakend now by the new VBulletin, now's our chance. Get Him!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I put them in my strom, made a big difference. work really well in the rain and I've been happy with them.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
FWIW, they are a step above stock but not as good as the PIAA Extreme White Plus (PIAA part #15224). I've had all 3 in the Strom and definitely prefer the PIAA's.

Stromette

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
If you wait for a sale you can get the silverstars for $20 as a pair. This happens occasionally. I was looking at the piaa's and they are $85! Yikes for that kind of dough I'd start looking at aux lights, unless I had unlimited money for lights. However having seen both, the piaa's light offers more contrast than the silverstars. The silverstars are excellent and I use them in all my vehicles and find them to be a good bargain.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
SilverStars are available at most Can Tire stores or Walmart. Not cheap in the GWN.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I made the switch and didn't notice any real significant difference. I got mine at WallaceWorld for a very good price. They have other brands that work too, but I didn't opt for those.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I made the switch and didn't notice any real significant difference. I got mine at WallaceWorld for a very good price. They have other brands that work too, but I didn't opt for those.

Thanks Kawidad. Only rider-geek has come forward and said these things made a big difference. I dunno.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts