StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone doing the bike show on Sunday, and if so do you want to meet up for a refreshment?

·
Registered
231 Posts
yes i'll be there blue 02 strom as picture shows at the bottom......:hurray:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're a hard man to track down dl1, from what I hear you were only a street away at Sussex.
I'll pm my mobile if there is a chance to meet up on sunday

·
Registered
533 Posts
Going up tomorrow, will be there around 11.30am till whenever I get bored walking round it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
yeah sorry chops i strolled up to c u and spoke to your buddies for a while ...you were hunting for a feed at the club ...hope yr trip was safe...c u sunday were leaving edgeworth (newcastle) maccas at 8.15am for the trip south with a group of us.:cheers2:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I will be there on Saturday after about 11AM with the family and friends ( who also ride )so just ring me 0414 916 560 should be a good time.

·
Super Moderator
4,606 Posts
I Spent a few hours there today.

There are a few dual sports on show.

Moto Guzzi (nice), Tenere, Super Tenere, DL (both new and old - but not a new Wee on the floor to sit on, only on a rotating turntable), Tigers 800 and 1050 - and Scrambler, Honda Crossover (the Varadero is discontinued - the local dealer didn't tell me that last week), Kwaka something or other, BMW of course. Triumph are bringing out a 1200 Tiger in the new year and Honda are also bringing out a 1200.

I'm going to the Yamaha dealer next week to see what he'll give me on the XJR1300 if I buy a Super Tenere.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Went to the show yesterday (Friday). It was smaller than previous shows with a smaller number of accessory sellers as well.

The 2012 DL650 was on the Suzuki stand and looked pretty much like all the reports. They would not let you sit on it as it was on a rotating display.

The Honda Crossover was also there. Still trying to work out what the target market for this bike is.
Honda has used an even bigger ugly stick on this bike than the VFR1200.

6/10

·
Super Moderator
4,606 Posts
Took my wife to the Yammy dealer to see the Super Tenere today. She likes it.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Took my wife to the Yammy dealer to see the Super Tenere today. She likes it.
Hmmm....... I see a change on the horizon Ron.

The SuperTen does look good, no deals on offer in conjunction with the bike show?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
456 Posts
Id be waiting to see what the newTriumph Adventurer 1200 triple looks like and priced!!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Id be waiting to see what the newTriumph Adventurer 1200 triple looks like and priced!![/QUOTE
Stretch,are you serious,why would Trump do that?the 1050 is a great bike and the new 800's are getting very nice reviews,surely the 1200 market is in decline,bloody big bikes,oh well.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Super Tenera

No. none. At nearly $22K on road, the price is a killer.
Ron, I have in my garage an unmarked 2006 GS1200 Adventure which I'm selling for a mate. Only a genuine 21460kms with all the fruit (crap car dealers expression) Rego till Aug. 2012. A $33000 bike new for $19000 A good clean bike no issues, with all the depreciation worn by my mate. A bloody great bargain if you are interested. You should at least look at it or I could meet you both for coffee, it's been a long time.

WARDY

·
Registered
456 Posts
Id be waiting to see what the newTriumph Adventurer 1200 triple looks like and priced!![/QUOTE
Stretch,are you serious,why would Trump do that?the 1050 is a great bike and the new 800's are getting very nice reviews,surely the 1200 market is in decline,bloody big bikes,oh well.
Triumph must still think there is a market for big bore dualies!!!!

Triumph set to release new shaft-drive 1200cc adventure-touring machine; the Tiger Explorer
-- By Trevor Hedge

Only months after successfully breaking into the serious adventure-touring market with their much heralded Tiger 800 XC, Triumph are upping the ante further in 2012 with the release of a new flagship model of the British marque’s adventure range.

Expected Down Under in May is the Triumph Tiger Explorer. Powered by an all-new, shaft-driven, triple-cylinder engine Triumph claim this new model will raise the bar in adventure-touring performance.

With a prototype machine set to be unveiled in Europe next month, exact details are still a little sketchy but Triumph have indicated a fly-by-wire throttle system will feature on the Tiger Explorer enabling traction control as standard fitment. Switchable ABS and cruise control add to the electronics suite with a wide range of electrical accessories catered for thanks to a 950w generator.

On the chassis side of the equation the Explorer will feature a steel chassis, single-sided swingarm and cast alloy wheels ; 19” at the front and 17” at the rear. It is unclear at the moment if more dirt oriented spoked rims will be available as an option on the Tiger Explorer.
Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200

Triumph Tiger Explorer 1200

·
Super Moderator
4,606 Posts
Ron, I have in my garage an unmarked 2006 GS1200 Adventure which I'm selling for a mate. Only a genuine 21460kms with all the fruit (crap car dealers expression) Rego till Aug. 2012. A $33000 bike new for $19000 A good clean bike no issues, with all the depreciation worn by my mate. A bloody great bargain if you are interested. You should at least look at it or I could meet you both for coffee, it's been a long time.

WARDY
'Tis a lovely bike, Brian. I worry, however, over the reputed fragility of BMW and the expense of servicing. I have two friends who owned recent BMW road bikes and had continual problems and no sympathy from BMW even though the bikes were under warranty.

Even so, I'd love to have another look at it.

Coffee at Zokoko?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts