StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to install a set of Motolights on the Strom this weekend and was curious if the bike has a switched accessory lead somewhere near the battery. I know some Hondas do and others as well. Instead of tapping into a running lamp or tail lamp I would use the swithed accessory lead if it has one.

If there is one, about where is it located ?

Also just installed a set of Givi crashbars, and very pleased with them. It was hard to decide between the Givi's or SW's but these look good and appear they would do their job well.

Thanks

·
Registered
797 Posts
First, I would check out the "Rear Brake Connector Relay Switching Adaptor" from Eastern Beaver. It plugs cleanly into your rear brake light harness... no splicing or soldering required.

Alternatively, some people use the factory heated grips plug to get a source of switched power. I think the plug is somewhere towards the front of the bike, around the horn area, but is often hard to find. Others can chime in on this, as I haven't looked for mine yet.

Lastly, you could use a Posi-Tap connector or the good ol' soldering method to tap into the rear brake light wire, or something similar. As far as I know, there are no other switched accessory leads.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
That would be the tail light wire(gray in the fender well or brown in the bundle left of the under seat tray) or brake light switch wire (orange/green), not the brake light wire (white/black). Any gray wire in the rear fender section or the brown wire in the sheath running to the left of the under seat tray will work. The orange/green power wire to the rear brake light switch is another possibility as it is easily accessible from under the seat. It, like the heated grip connector on the O/G circuit, also powers the ignition. If there is a short in the trigger wire, the engine will quit. A 2A fuse in the trigger wire should blow before the ignition fuse and be plenty capable of handling a relay so is an excellent solution for those liking overkill. The heated grip connector behind the radiator is the handiest place for connecting without tapping into a wire. 36852-06G00 is the Suzuki part number for a lead that will connect to it. Jim at Eastern Beaver is also now providing a connector. http://www.easternbeaver.com/

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ordered one of the adaptors from Eastern Beaver. That makes it way to easy for just $6.95

Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts