StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 3 Circuit Eastern Beaver fuse block and after reading the instructions, I had a question (that I sent to EB, but no reply yet). Where is the best place to connect the lead from the fuse black to the switched power source (not the neg and pos the long wire on the left)? The instructions mention a connector at the base of the fuel tank, but I don't see one. I d see what look like 3 terminated plugs behind the side cover on the left side. Actually 2 look like they might be relays, while one with 4 back/white wires looks to be an unused connected.

Any ideas? I would like to avoid hacking into the nice untouched wiring on my bike.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
It's the rear brake connector I believe under the coolant reserve tank... It is no good to you however, since you didn't by the plug n' play version for the Vstrom... Just tap any hot wire... I tapped the rear running light (not the brake light) on my FZ6...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
What FZ6 said. Without a connection kit, you need to tap a wire. The usual places are an orange/green wire or a brown wire. The former can be found at the OEM heated grip connector behind the radiator or the wire from the rear brake switch above the brake pedal. The latter is in the sheath of wires to the left of the under seat tray.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I sent a follow-up to EB, and made sure I got the V-Strom-specific kit. No cutting is my preferred method.

·
Registered
184 Posts
You don't need to lift the tank to get to the brake wire, either. Just cut(carefully) the zip tie holding it in place and pull the wires up with a long nose pliers.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All hooked up and working as advertised. VERY happy with the EB product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts