StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my SW Moto centerstand on my DL1000 yesterday and it came with 2 springs. One wide and one narrow spring. Nothing about this in the instructions, so I'm wondering which spring to use, or both??

Only complaint about the stand is that mine, even after adjustment, doesn't seem to rock over center quite far enough. I might have to do some trimming to the plates underneath... It's not bad, but I'd like to see it rock over center a bit more to eliminate the chance of it rocking back forward and falling over.. Hence the reason for Givi engine guards mounted yesterday, too.. :shock:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stlrmike said:
Paper,

If it is like the one on the DL650 then the narrower one fits inside the fatter one. Good luck!
Well, that's how I have it hooked up right now, with the narrow one inside the larger one, and both connected.. I've been using centerstands on BMW's for 20 years and I've NEVER had as much spring tension as I do with this sucker... :shock:

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
I watched the guys in the shop put my Suzuki center stand on. They had a bit of a battle with the springs but won out. Better them than me I guess.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a nice spring puller that came with a 2 Bros exhaust. I managed to pull both springs on without wrecking anything or hurting myself, so it was a huge VICTORY!!! :lol:

·
Registered
232 Posts
The suzuki stand uses 2 springs 1 inside the other so I'm sure you were right useing both, and yes the suz springs were also 1 hell of a battle to get on, hey maybe that's why Suzuki doesnt give us a stand standard, they havent worked out how to get those bloody springs cliped on, that or they take saddistic pleasure knowing all the skined knuckles those springs cause :twisted:

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I needed a 2ft long screwdriver, a pair of pliers, and an extra pair of hands to get the springs on a factory stand. It took about 3 tries and some cussing but we won. Its amazing how even though one spring is inside the other they still fly different directions if they skip off the tool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts