Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
talked to their rep in the US
they expect their stuff to land here beginning of june

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
can't wait. Their products are well made, work well and fairly priced. If their engine guards are as good as the ones I had on my Wee, I will be very happy:yesnod:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cant wait that long for the crash bars, living in NY people are ass holes and can tip my bike any time i going with the oem ones.
also if you want to know
bark busters BB.BHG46.2/3 fit the vee 2
and kaoko have this throttle lock that fits KBB200

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
i cant wait that long for the crash bars, living in NY people are ass holes and can tip my bike any time i going with the oem ones.
also if you want to know
bark busters BB.BHG46.2/3 fit the vee 2
and kaoko have this throttle lock that fits KBB200
I can sympathize. Oceancountysports has the oem engine guards on ebay for about 340. I have not seen any others advertise having the engine guards yet.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea but my dealer owes me for a **** up they did (forgot to order the extras i asked to be installed with the bike so have to go there again and wait for them to install), so he says he will hook me up with an extra discount to 10% off i get on the bars for buying the bike there.
so it will come out to be the same or cheaper ( i plan to tell him not to charge me labor for installing them and the oem center stand i bought on ebay for much cheaper than suzuki's website)

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
$340? Man that's a lot money for $20 worth of tubing, $3 of flat stock, and a little welding.

Oops, my bad. I forgot they have to paint them.
Is that your agenda here now? To attack every other company that makes parts for V-Stroms?

·
Registered
394 Posts
$340? Man that's a lot money for $20 worth of tubing, $3 of flat stock, and a little welding.

Oops, my bad. I forgot they have to paint them.
Sounds like they identified a need, designed a product to address the need, marketed it, and set a price that covers soft and hard costs, AND, (here's the good part), turns a nice profit.

The costs are way more than materials and welding. But, in any event who cares?

It's their well respected business and they probably make a lot of money doing it.

I say great job guys.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
most guards cost around 270-290 so either wait or cough up another 50 bucks that can protect a 15k bike what to do???

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I've only seen pictures of the oem engine guards, but it's hard to tell if they come out sufficiently to actually protect the bike in a tip over. There is a dealer in N.J. who is advertising on Ebay that he has one/them in stock for immediate shipping.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've only seen pictures of the oem engine guards, but it's hard to tell if they come out sufficiently to actually protect the bike in a tip over. There is a dealer in N.J. who is advertising on Ebay that he has one/them in stock for immediate shipping.
I know the stock engine guards do...I have them on my adventure model. Very sturdy and look good...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yup, the stock guards work well.

The first rule of adventure biking is:

"Drop on the right, then drop on the left. Now you're good to go." :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
191 Posts
The Suzuki rep at the IMS show said SW Motech OEM'd the crash bars and tank bags (amongst other things). I had no reason to doubt that.

That sound right to y'all?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just ordered this from Twisted Throttle. Anyone have any experience with these? It's the 38L Trax Topcase. The Steel Plate is still a few weeks on back order.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1402346075.793564.jpg

·
Registered
253 Posts
The Suzuki rep at the IMS show said SW Motech OEM'd the crash bars and tank bags (amongst other things). I had no reason to doubt that.

That sound right to y'all?

That is true. SW-MOTECH makes several items for Suzuki bikes including:
  • Crashbars
  • Skidplate
  • Mirror Wideners
  • Tankbag
  • Chain Guard
  • Side Carriers/Cases
  • Top Carrier/Topcase

All to be found HERE

Kev

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Kev

Really looking forward to getting this. Called today and you guys were really helpful determining if my laptop and helmet would fit!

All good. Can't wait to get it.....

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'd like to order the side case racks but the instructions say to "push" the muffler down.
I don't really like that idea, it says to loosen the clamp but the clamp is at like a 45 degree angle upwards, what good would that do if you're wanting to push the muffler down. Maybe i'm missing something but i'm holding off on the purchase of those side case racks. Plus they don't have a picture of a V-Strom 1000 with a 45 liter case mounted on the right hand side of the bike.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hi Kev

Really looking forward to getting this. Called today and you guys were really helpful determining if my laptop and helmet would fit!

All good. Can't wait to get it.....

I have a TraX 38L topbox on my bike and love it. Being able to put my helmet in the box and not have to lug it around makes moto commuting way better. When it does arrive and you get everything mounted I'd love to see some pictures and an honest review.

Kev

1 - 20 of 48 Posts