StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if was looking to purchase a 2nd hand sw motech trax top case from a different model say a super tenere or a GS if the bottom mounting pattern of the case the same ?

can i just remove the little spools off their plate and mount them in the appropriate place on my plate ?

theres 3 connections
1. case --> spools
2. spools--> rack
3. rack --> bike

i would assume connections 1 and 3 are proprietary and its just a matter of putting the spools on the right race for you bike ..

anything would help

thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would check SW motech website to confirm. I think they come with a template for mounting and our plates should line up.
2013 vstrom with the aluminum adventure top rack .
I ended up picking up a trax evo 38l then I ordered the oem mounting pucks .
The width of the pucks was spot on but the rear pucks were .25in further and not engaging with the rear part of the rack. I personally wasn’t comfortable with it . It did lock and the latch also worked . I’m aware that many top classes mount at 3 points so I’m sure it would of been ok . But I ended up buying a swmotech steel rack wit the proper hardware all 4 pucks fit directly the latch is right . Works perfectly
Part numbers for those that do research with a forum search

So although the oem rack / top case was “made by “ sw they are not interchangeable
Oem pucks for oem rack
“Suzuki aluminum top case installation kit 12-16 vstrom 650”
Pn 990D0-11J00-062

Sw-motech steel top rack for my 13 vstrom
GTP.05.758.20003.B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts