StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently got a good deal on a set of SW Motech Trax side cases. I currently have Givi E21's and Givi racks on my bike. Do I just need to purchase the adapter kit for around $100 to mount the Trax? It says the adapter won't work with Givi PLX racks. How do I know which racks I have? The bike came with them already installed. From what I can tell the E21's use the PL style racks which would work with the SW Motech adapter. The SW install instructions for the adapters show flanges on the bottom of the Givi system but I haven't found any Givi racks with any flanges? Am I right?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have the mounts yet. I currently have Givi racks, they make adapters to work with the Givi racks, but it says they only work with certain ones, pl, not plr or plx, i don't know which i have? maybe it would just be better to get a set of the motech racks although they're pricey as heck!

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I don't have the mounts yet. I currently have Givi racks, they make adapters to work with the Givi racks, but it says they only work with certain ones, pl, not plr or plx, i don't know which i have? maybe it would just be better to get a set of the motech racks although they're pricey as heck!

Or maybe you can find a set of used OEM racks from a 2012+ on eBay on here or eBay. You don't even need an adapter kit for the Trax cases.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
The PLX cases are fairly rare and have a curve on the mount to allow more storage under the exhaust.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The PL series Givi racks hold all the Monokey style cases, with flat mounting sides, like the E21's, E41, E36, etc.
The PLX series racks use the V35 Monokey cases, these are the ones with the curved backs, so they tuck in closer to the bike.
The PLR racks use the same cases as the PL racks, but the racks are removable with 1/4 turn fasteners

1 - 7 of 7 Posts