StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SW Motech Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Accessory Collection

From: SW Motech Introduces Adventure Accessories for Suzuki’s New V-Strom 1000

SW Motech Introduces Full line of Adventure Accessories for Suzuki’s New V-Strom 1000 Adventure Bike.

SW Motech Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Accessory Collection:

- Sidestand Foot
- Chain Guard
- Mirror Extension
- Footrest Kit
- Strap Tankbag Enduro LT
- Tailbag Rearbag
- Tailbag Slipstream
- Tailbag Rackpack
- Tailbag Jetpack
- Strap Tankbag Enduro
- BBSTORM Handguard Kit
- Strap Tankbag ION four
- KOBRA Handguard-Kit
- ALU-RACK
- Brake Pump Protection
- QUICK-LOCK EVO Tankring Adapter Kit
- STEEL-RACK
- QUICK-LOCK Tankring Adapter
- Brake Reservoir Guard
- Crashbar
- QUICK-LOCK EVO Side Carrier
- Front Axle Slider Kit
- AERO ABS Sidecase System
- DAKAR Panniers Set
- Gear Lever
- Center-stand
- QUICK-LOCK GPS Mount

*MSRP: Prices not available at time of publishing

For more information: SW-MOTECH - motorcycle accessories, Luggage Systems , Side Carrier , Navigation, Crashbar - EN

Looks nice, some great gear. Lets see what Givi comes out with :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Zedex9r,
Thanks for the info. I had been on SW Motech's website, but this complete list of 2014 Vstrom 1000 accessories was not on it. I would assume it will be a while before these accessories are available in the U.S.A. and other regions.

It's great to see the aftermarket getting behind this new bike. The companies that get their act together first, will sell a lot of their products both here in the U.S.A. and around the world.

I have SW Motech engine guards on my 2011 Wee, and have always been impressed with their quality and function. I would not hesitate to order anything from them.:thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
pricing

I just bought the 2014 V-Strom 1000 yesterday and looking to purchase my own hardcases and accessories. I see your links but not pricing. I found them on facebook and they have a link with pricing but all in German. not sure how or when we can purchase in the states.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Nodeskjob,
I do not believe that any of the accessories are ready for the U.S. market. I am going to try and find out when the retailers will have stock.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I would imagine if someone were to call Twisted Throttle they could give you an approximate date when they will be available. They deal in a lot of SW Motech stuff.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would imagine if someone were to call Twisted Throttle they could give you an approximate date when they will be available. They deal in a lot of SW Motech stuff.
Good guess. Twisted Throttle is the North American distributor of SW-MOTECH and Bags-Connection. I just got an update on the gear coming down the pipe. Here is an EARLY ESTIMATION of when we should have inventory and what kind of levels of said inventory. Within a week or two we SHOULD have these part numbers in our system. Once they are in, you can pre-order the gear.

For those of you who want SW-MOTECH Goodness ASAP I would suggest placing a pre-order. The supply will be limited at first. We do a priority air freight of a small batch new parts whenever a new bike goes into production, then send the big shipment via container (by boat).

Available Now
KTS.05.164.100 Chain Guard
SVL.00.505.101 Mirror Wideners
FRS.05.011.10000.S On-Road / Off-Road Footpegs
BC.TRS.00.131.10000 Enduro LT Strap Tankbag
BC.HTA.00.304.10000 Rearbag (Tailbag)
BC.HTA.00.307.10000 Slipstream (Tailbag)
BC.HTA.00.305.10000 Rackpack (Tailbag)
BC.HTA.00.303.10000 Jetpack (Tailbag)
BC.TRS.00.130.10000 Enduro Tankbag (Strap)
BC.TRS.00.204.10000 ION four Tankbag (Strap)
HPR.00.220.20200.B KOBRA Handguard-Kit

Limited Stock Late May 2014 Regular Inventory Mid - Late July
GPT.05.440.15000.B ALU-RACK
TRT.00.640.30300 QUICK-LOCK EVO Tankring Adapter Kit
GPT.05.440.20000 STEEL-RACK
TRT.00.475.30300 QUICK-LOCK Tankring Adapter
SCT.05.174.10000.S Brake Reservoir Guard
KFT.05.440.20000 QUICK-LOCK EVO Side Carrier
STP.05.176.10100 Front Axle Slider Kit
STS.05.440.10000 Sidestand Foot
GPS.05.646.10300 QUICK-LOCK GPS Mount
SBL.05.440.10000 Crashbars

POSSIBLY: Limited Stock Late July. Regular Inventory Mid - Late August TOO EARLY TO CONFIRM
KFT.05.440.60000 AERO ABS Sidecase System
BC.HTA.05.741.10100 DAKAR Panniers Set
FSC.05.127.10100 Adjustable Gear Lever
HPS.05.440.10000 Centerstand
BPS.05.175.10100.S Brake Pump Protection

I cannot stress enough, these are only estimations! There are many many many variables which can affect design, production and delivery. Use this information to give you an idea of what is coming and in what general order.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
:green_lol:See there, ask and ye shall receive. Don't even have to call 'em 'cause they can read minds.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
FYI, I just came from my dealer, and tried to order Suzuki products for my Vee2. The parts guy looked them up, and said they were not in stock yet anywhere in the U.S.A. He was not sure when they would be available. Anyone else given the same info?

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KFT.05.440.20000 QUICK-LOCK EVO Side Carrier

Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom '14- Quick-Lock EVO Side Carriers by SW-Motech
Mounts and demounts within seconds due to quick-lock fasteners
Adaptable to TraX ®, Givi/Kappa, Krauser, Hepco & Becker and Shad cases with seperately available SW-MOTECH Side Carrier Adapter Kits
Made of oval tube, carefully constructed position close to the motorcycle
Highly functional and firm
Black powder-coated surface
Overall width Side Carrier (without Side cases): 450 mm

Included:
QUICK-LOCK EVO Side Carrier
Mounting material
Mounting instructions

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
253 Posts
Skid Plate in design right now

Hi All.

I just got word from SW-MOTECH's chief designer and brother of Twisted Throttle Founder about the skid plate for the V-Strom 1000. They are almost done with the design of it. I do not have a part number for it yet but it is on the way and I would expect we will see it in the final list "POSSIBLY: Limited Stock Late July. Regular Inventory Mid - Late August TOO EARLY TO CONFIRM"

Kev

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just got an email from the chief designer at SW-MOTECH about the skid plate which is not yet on the list. Here was he had to say:

"Because of the lack of real mounting points up front it will be similar to the old setup. What I mean is there will be one version that mounts with both the Suzuki crash bar and our crash bar. There will then be a second version that has an extra cross bar for mounting without any crash bar. Hopefully we get the crossbar done next week. The rest is pretty much finished. I'll have to let you know later when we can release official pictures."​
What he is referring to is the first generation DL650 skid plate which required crash bars.

When he refers to being "done" what he means is with the design. Next, they have to make all of the tooling and test the assembly process. I visited them last summer and was impressed with the way they test assembly. They have a workstation in their development area that is exactly like the line operator stations - down to the last tool and how it is laid out. Then they bring in a regular welder and monitor his work to see if the design and proposed execution works in production.

As soon as they release pictures I'll post some here. I'll see if I can get a few "behind the scenes" shots for y'all.

Kev

·
Registered
175 Posts
I don't care for Suzuki's underbelly protection and really like the SW rig. I ordered the Suzuki crash bars so it's good news to hear that the SW skid plate will fit like the current unit.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the SW skid plate swings down to access the oil filter and drain plug, with the removal of a couple of bolts. Can anyone chime in to confirm?

Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My Black SE came in Monday--other than knuckle guards, centre stand and side bags-which come in the package-none of the other add-ons came in and are on indefinite back order

1 - 20 of 30 Posts