StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get home from work to find my SW Motech skid plate on the door step. I excitedly tear into it expecting a 30 min install tops on my '13 DL650 Adventure. All was going well, until it's time to remove the 2 bolts from the kickstand for the bracket.......holy locktite batman...:furious:
I had to use a torque wrench, have the bike balanced by by wife holding it upright, while my 12 year was heating the bolts with a hairdryer to melt the locktite. That ended up being the secret was to get that stuff melted enough to get the bolts turning a quarter at a time.
3 hrs later, my hands are destroyed but I have a very cool skid plate on there now......really sets the bike off. I'll post up some pics tomorrow in the daylight.

Cheers.

IrishAl

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I felt your pain, too. From my thread on the subject...

"Got the TT skidder installed without fanfare. Very stubborn sidestand bolt, though. That baby was TIGHT. Used a 1/2" drive breaker bar stepped down to 3/8" and 2 3/8" drive extensions slipped in from the right side of the bike just over the exhaust. Almost a dead-on access point to the bolt. Worked well."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts