StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but didn't find much information, anyway:

So i'm trying to install my SW-Motech Skidplate and it looks like for the rear bar that the back of the skidplate attaches to, that I have to remove the two bolts holding the side stand in.

My question is, will the side stand fall off when i remove the two bolts? I don't have a jack or center stand to prop the bike up off the side stand to try it.

I've attached a picture of the install instructions with the bolt's in question pointed out in red.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, it will fall. Put the bike in 1st gear, lean it against a wall and that's it.
If not ask a friend to help you out and hold the bike for you.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It will also require some serious torque to loosen those 2 sidestand bolts, you'll need a long ratchet or wrench, I used a long breaker bar on the socket.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The bolts have thread locker applied. Heating them will break the bond and allow easier removal. Cleaning and new thread locker before re-assembly is a good idea.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The bolts have thread locker applied. Heating them will break the bond and allow easier removal. Cleaning and new thread locker before re-assembly is a good idea.

x2 If you have an air compressor then it might be easier to use an air impact on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts