StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the SW-Motech sidetand foot enlarger over the Thanksgiving holiday. It arrived today and I wasted no time getting it installed. This is a very solid, heavy and good looking bit of kit.

This one was as simple as it gets.

Package includes:
Top Plate
Bottom Plate
3 counter sunk screws

• My install procedure:
  • Put the bike up on the center stand.
  • Remove the two rear counter sunk screws.
  • Loosen the front counter sunk screw.
  • Slip the foot pad over the stock kickstand foot.
  • Tighten the front counter sunk screw, but leave it a little loose.
  • Put thread locker on the two rear counter sunk screws and screw them into the foot pad. Be sure to just snug the screws up.
  • Unscrew the front counter sunk screw and put thread locker on it.
  • Now screw in the front counter sunk screw and snug it up.
  • In a crisscross pattern, tighten up the screws.
* No torque value was given for the counter sunk screws.

Notice the sloping profile...

Ridges for grip....

On the bike...

Bike on the sidestand...

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
I have the Richland Rick on my 650 and it rubs the ground when raising the kickstand if the bike isn't totally vertical or more. It is much more square though. I may give this one a try. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I have the tourtech verson. these things really 'free' you. no more looking for a rock or something. no more watching for a moment to see if your bike sinks. just put it down and turn your back and walk away.

·
Registered
15,615 Posts
I have a home built Frankenfoot. I patterned after the plastic freebie at Laguna Seca raceway. Nice not to worry about soft stuff anymore.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ALiexspress has knock offs for these for $12.00 on up. I ordered one and waiting for it to come in otherwise I just have the bigfoot type one to put under the stand. I ram a small zip tie through the front hole of it and I can easily place it under my stand as it acts as an exteneder.

·
Registered
184 Posts
On my 12 650 adv. I took a Richland Rick bolt on and threw away all but the steel base. measured the thickness of the steel base, then cut with a chop saw the same amount of thickness from the sidestand foot, then welded the new base on the sidestand leg. The result is a nice wide footprint, with out that annoying extra length and the bike standing too upright in some situations. A little more work, but well worth the outcome.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I have Givi one and have never liked it. It's too big and too heavy. I had to cut off quite a lot of it and change side stand spring to stronger one so it's more or less OK now. If I knew it's gonna be so bad I'd purchase SW Motech one in fist place. It's much better looking and much lighter. Givi one has a lot of steel in it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
ALiexspress has knock offs for these for $12.00 on up. I ordered one and waiting for it to come in otherwise I just have the bigfoot type one to put under the stand. I ram a small zip tie through the front hole of it and I can easily place it under my stand as it acts as an exteneder.
Can you send a link? I am curious to see the cheap version and i can't seen to find it myself

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have Givi one and have never liked it. It's too big and too heavy. I had to cut off quite a lot of it and change side stand spring to stronger one so it's more or less OK now. If I knew it's gonna be so bad I'd purchase SW Motech one in fist place. It's much better looking and much lighter. Givi one has a lot of steel in it.
Hmm, I have the Givi as well... never had any problems with its weight or size. I actually chose it because of its size; when on mud or gravel, the bigger it is the less likely it is to sink.
The only thing I did is to paint it black. Looks better on a black bike!

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Hmm, I have the Givi as well... never had any problems with its weight or size. I actually chose it because of its size; when on mud or gravel, the bigger it is the less likely it is to sink.
The only thing I did is to paint it black. Looks better on a black bike!
Hmmm. I've got a few boxes of Givi stuff awaiting my return to FL. The Givi kickstand "foot" is in one of those boxes.

Tipsy

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have the Adventure tech one its been great. Easy to install and cheap. Works in the bush very well and on-road too

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought one of these Handlebar Cell Phone Holder for $16.99 from Aliexpress. It fits right on my handle bar and is the perfect height to see Maps on my cell phone AND still see all of my instrument panel. They sell quite a bit of motorcycle parts/gear/full motorcycle fairings! I was surprised by the quality. I have ordered several things from them and after quite a few miles they are still just fine. I'm liking the gear lever protection cover too.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
This is ne of many that are on Aliexpress for $16.99.
I put one on my bike and it is working great. I had the manual big foot type before and it worked great BUT it sure is nice having one on.
The Gear Shifter Protector makes sifting soft. Just use dish soap and warm water to get it on.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks for the pic. I just ordered one too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the factory center stand on my vstrom and wondering if the SW Motech side stand enlarger will fit. As it looks right now the sidestand foot and center stand are very close.

·
aka Rick in Alabama
502 Posts
I ordered the SW Motech center-stand and side-stand foot the day after I got the bike home. Both are essentials for me in terms of convenience and safety.

The side-stand foot indeed does not come with any torque specs for tightening the nuts. So after thinking about it, I put a dab of the lowest grade loc-tite on each of the screws before snugging them down, and then put a piece of duct tape on the bottom of the foot to keep the loc-tite from seeping until it set up.

So far, no loose screws.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts