StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know pannier threads have been done to death, but I cant find any info hear on the TraX Panniers from SW Motech. I have a set of TT Zega Pro's on order but just came across these the other day, and for around $1000 cheaper than the TT's I may change my mind. I have been looking for reviews and have found a few people complaining about them not being water tight. SW Motech are now giving free waterproof liners with them but dont think this is good enough for a pannier set worth well over $1000. Any reports good or bad will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chef

·
Registered
832 Posts
At a recent motorcycle ride-in breakfast event, I had the chance to see the Zegas (Touratech) and Trax panniers (Twisted Throttle) up close. I was especially interested in the latter brand, due to their more attractive price point and nicer (IMO) aesthetic.

The Zegas were thick and rock solid. The sturdiest aluminum panniers I've ever seen. Even the locking mechanisms looked uber-robust.

The Trax boxes were tinny, with far too many rivet points for my liking. I was distinctly unimpressed with them. I can totally understand why the Trax boxes are priced substantially less than the Zegas.

I'm now saving up for a Touradollar order.

TM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts