StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased an 09' with SW Motech Rally crashbars. I'm looking to add some highway pegs very soon.

The bars have a couple of small holes in the bend. It appears that these might hold a bracket that would hold pegs. I know that TThrottle carries clamp on pegs that will work on my bars but I'm curious about the holes in the bars and if they are there for a peg set-up.

I've searched the forums and I'm yet to find this question asked and answered so if anyone out there is using pegs on your Motech bars I would appreciate your responses.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turns out those holes are for lights. I'm going with Dan Vessel's that will bolt on to the skiplate.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Thanks for this. I know the posting is a few months old but I was searching for the same answer and also saw that drilled gusset plate with the holes. Lights there do make sense. I have a Scorpion Racing skid plate that is drilled for both Motech and Givi (I think) engine guards so it has additional holes available and think a 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inch "U" bolt will fit nicely. May simply hang some sort of tube with pegs at each end to test. I was sure looking for some additional foot positions during my roundtrip from Albuquerque through Phoenix and back last week. I even slipped my butt back to the passenger seat to change the position for a few miles a couple of times. Probably looked real silly to anyone who saw me tooling down the roads.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts