StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a set of SW-Motech Convertible Onroad/Offroad footpegs (SKU: 1064083 from revzilla) for my 2016 650. This doesn't seem to be going well, but maybe it's just me:

1) The footpeg has an octagonal hole, and the adapter has an octagonal protrusion. The protrusion does not fit into the hole, it it supposed to? Assembled, there's like a half-inch gap between the footpeg and the adapter. I've attached an image, though it's hard to see in the picture..

2) The spring from the original footpeg isn't matching this adapter at all. The original footpeg had a hole that one end of the spring fitted into, and the adapter has nothing like that. Do I even need the spring? I'm starting to wonder if they sent me the wrong adapter.

3) The original footpeg is missing a huge chunk (picture also attached). I bought the bike new and it's only approaching 12,000 miles. Is that expected? Should I worry? It's not like they salt the roads here in California, so I'm pretty surprised to see the thing disintegrating.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I would certainly not wanting to stand on that OEM peg!! did the bike ever fall or hit something with that peg? Difficult to see what may have caused it to be missing a chunk but I would certainly replace it asap.

Can't comment about the SWM pegs and the image is just too small to see really anything of substance, at least on my screen.

·
Registered
745 Posts
#1 ...yes they should fit together tight. I think the bolt should draw it in. Maybe needs a tiny rub with a file if it wont?
#2 yes you need the spring. Cant remember if mine has a hole or just hooked over the mount.
#3 stock footpeg is junk, throw it away
HTH
Steve

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yes it fits together and the spring just goes behind, no hole needed. Here are a couple pics of mine that I had taken during install. Hope they help you. PS, Did someone steal your peg and replace with their junk? No idea how that failure happens.

Here is a link to all the pics:

Pegs by vvollero | Photobucket

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those pictures were super-helpful, thanks! I did manage to use the bolt to draw it in (with a ton of elbow grease and a little dish soap). Now I'm having trouble adjusting the brake lever, will start a separate thread on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts