StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be ordering the crash bars soon and they offer mounting clamps and foot pegs to act like highway pegs. It doesn't seem like you would get much leg extension with these (34" inseam). Has anyone tried them??
Are there highway bars that would be compatable with the Motechs??
Thanks in advnace.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have this mounted on my bike
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/4665/757/

it is high on the sw-moto (older style) crash bars. But my use is to stretch out a bit, and for that they work great for me. and found is i put leg over them and rest on side of the boot (feet pointed to the sky idea) then this actually very comfortable to me. that and they look good on the bike. The other options (one posted above) to me stick out like a sour thumb. I like the bike to look clean, not going to my got that's amazing looking but like a clean look to it idea. But ya just got back form blue ridge mountan parkway run (2555 km round trip) and the ones posted above made the boaring highway bits more relaxed. Not perfect but they work.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the opinions. GT Hawk, if I had known you were down here, I would have met up with you on the parkway. 3 Miles from my house.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
You can also use the passenger pegs as an alternative riding position.

·
Registered
40 Posts
SW Motech foot pegs.

Crashbar mounted hiway pegs are too damned high to be comfortable IMO.

This bar on the other hand lets you stretch out and keeps your knees out of your chest, unlike the crashbar mounted option.

http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HTP+7-5-4-MOD&Category_Code=dl650_body_wind
I have this setup on my bike... but with a 30 inch inseam my feet barely touch the pegs. Not at all comfortable or practical for us little guys. They would work fine for someone with longer legs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the Motech engine guard with pegs mounted and think it works great. I can put my feet on the pegs, which is fairly high but a surprisingly comfortable change of position or I stick my legs out straight and rest my legs on the pegs. They make all the difference for me for long days. I have done 12 hour days in the saddle with no problems.:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts