StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: This may seem like an odd question, I want to know if the spools on the rack work with the adapter plates to allow the bags to be removed but leave the racks on the bike. I have seem many videos of removing the racks, but none of just removing the bags.

I plan on buying seahorse cases, I would assume I need the Pelican adapter plates.

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have this rack and pelican cases. The cases are bolted directly to the rack. I do not know if you need that adapter or not. You should call up the retailer.

·
Registered
101 Posts
rack

I agree. . .I use cases (Pelican-1550s) bolted directly to the removable motech rack. . .works fine. . .there are adaptors available to have the cases removable as well, but I never felt the need--but each to their own.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I dont know if I am going to buy the adapters or not, it was more or less a question of what are their function.

I also find it kinda crazy the pelican adapters are $165, while all the others are around $50

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The spools you see in that picture are a part of one of the adapter kits. Those kits allow quick release of the case from the rack.
Thanks! That what I assumed but I wanted to check

1 - 6 of 6 Posts