StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SW-Motech crash bars quality

I just received my SW-Motech crash bars (for DL650) and noticed that the clamp (number 9 on their drawing: http://www.twistedthrottle.com/filemanager/download/1081/) is not painted on the inside and on the edges. Does anybody know what is this part made of? If it's steel it probably will be rusty in a week. But it's pretty light - maybe it's some alloy.
Do you know? Is this a problem?

Also looks like there are some small metal shavings trapped inside both bars.
When I tilt or shake the bars, the metal inside rattles a little.
Are they all made like this? Should I try to exchange the bars?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Mine came perfectly painted. Just call and have another sent out.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It's a non-ferrous alloy casting. I just checked with a magnet to make sure. Keeping the powder coat away from the inside assures a better fit on the bar. Don't worry about it. The rattle is probably detritus from the welding process. Don't worry about it either.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a non-ferrous alloy casting. I just checked with a magnet to make sure. Keeping the powder coat away from the inside assures a better fit on the bar. Don't worry about it.
Thanks!
I have a magnet but obviously not enough brains to think of this test for myself :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought you were talking about that part (#9) that you pointed out in the instructions? Thats in the pic I posted. Ignore the skidplate. :)
Yes, that's right. We are talking about the same thing. It is not painted on the inside (not visible when assembled). It doesn't attract magnet - I should have thought of that myself - so I don't care.

Thanks to all!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts