StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed SW-Motech engine guards on my DL1000K2. The main through bolt seems quite a bit too long...

Is this typical? And what have people done to rectify it?

I'm thinking of getting my grinder out, cutting it, and chasing the threads with a die.

Any other brilliant solutions?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Did you add enough washers to kick out the spacers so the bars don't touch the frame but only the spacers? If so, it's up to you. There is some variation in how many washers are needed. My '05 took two and my '07 only needed one on each side. The bolt is made long enough to fit the worst case scenario. Replacing the bolt with SV-Racing sliders and their double nut and threaded rod entirely contained within the slider was my choice.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Ditto what Greywolf said. You don't want the Bars resting on the frame, make sure there is a gap on each side. Mine also used 1 washer on each side.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Mine sticks out a little bit on one side even with the spacers, washers, etc. I left it for now, but will end up taking it off with a saw and grinder eventually. It really doesn't get the the way right now, though. It only sticks out about 3/8 - 1/2 inch.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Mine is slightly long, but not long enough to care about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts