StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I have, what I assume is a oem Suzuki Crash bars and a oem skid plate on my bike...

I'm not too happy with the protection and coverage that the oem crash bars are providing. They barely protect any plastics on anything that is not a soft grass laydown. So I was starting to wonder if I could change them out to something without too much of a headache with fitments for skid plate or changing skid plate together with the crashbars.

First, could someone approve my conclusion that these are indeed Suzuki Stock crash bars and skid plate on my 2008 D650A as I have bought the bike second hand?

I have stubmled upon a Sw-motech skidplate and crashbars and in their product description they mention that skidplate fits with Suzuki crash bars. Am I correct to assume that If I have a Suzuki skid plate it would fit Sw-motech crash bars as well?

Sw-motech Crashbars - Crash bar Suzuki DL650 V-Strom (04-10) - SW-MOTECH
Sw-motech Engine guard - Stable engine guard for Suzuki DL650 - SW-MOTECH

Are there any other crashbars that would fit to this Suzuki skid plate well?

Thankyou!

·
Registered
15,890 Posts
They look like the bars I have on my 04 and 05 Wee's. SW Motech i believe.They work remarkably well for the get off and fall overs I've had. Mine have SW Motech embossed on the piece in front that joins the two sides.
What kind of wrecks are you anticipating? if maybe in rocky places you shouldn't be you might get at the plastic.
In my big wreck the headlight bucket and mount sustained damage and had to be replaced and the crash bars gathered scratches but the side panels came out scratched but unbroken.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have put it down on the grass myself to see the clearance and its barely there. I have had some drops in mud and fairings got quite dirty so stuff gets to the plastics if its not a perfectly straight terrain.

I did read somewhere that sw-motech used to provide Suzuki with their stock crash bars, so I would hope that these would be compatible.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, an update to this thread. I purchased Sw motech crash bars, and they are indeed compatible with the OEM skid plate, hence the Swmotech skid plate can be mounted to OEM crash bars as well.

Fitted everything without issues. Only thing was that I had to find a replacement screw that goes through engine because Sw motech crash bars use different points to attach to a frame and the screw used for OEM crash bars was too long to fit under the Sw motech crash bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts