StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just as frustrated as I was installing my SW-Motech skidplate, the centerstand is not going much better. I truley believe it is the instructions. It's nice they include a diagram, but I am one of those people who require step-by-step instructions with a few actual pix.

Done venting! I have the left and right plates and stand mounted. I can't tell if the spring goes on last, or that allen bolt/space/nut combo that I guess attaches to the exhaust?

I have searched and most of the questions regarding springs I have seen are how to get get the spring mounted, no so much about the order.

Thanks,
Jim

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The piece on the exhaust is to give the stand a contact point when it is retracted. The springs do the retracting. It matters not which you put on first since both are affixed before the stand is retracted.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I put my spring on last and the bike did not suddenly explode.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put my spring on last and the bike did not suddenly explode.
If any one is capable of blowing up a bike doing something non-engine related, I am.
SPRING WILL GO LAST!
Thanks!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Use the " string or shoelace " method for installing the spring. Makes it much easier.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Use the " string or shoelace " method for installing the spring. Makes it much easier.
Thanks! I am saving the fun part for last (the spring). That actually looks like the hardest part, but reading up on this string method hopefully will go smooth.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would like to add this to the list of tools to use for installing springs. It came off of my home gym. Now no one can say I never use my excercise equipment.

I had to add some wire to create a loop for the larger spring due to lack of wiggle room, but it worked with minimal trouble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts