StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a centerstand from SW Motech. I am having an issue with it and am hoping for some feedback from anyone who has experience with these. The post the holds the spring on the kickstand is not clearing the centerstand. It is very close to clearing it, say half a mm away. The bike has gone down the street on it's side once, hard enough to brake my gearshift, so I wonder if something is slightly bent that I just haven't noticed before, or if I just need to shorten the post on the kickstand and hold the spring on with a locknut.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Something is bent. They should not touch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a possibilty that I didn't install it correctly, and that's the problem?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because the kickstand has a weird bolt on it that feels tight but really isn't. Got it working..

·
Registered
185 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Because the kickstand has a weird bolt on it that feels tight but really isn't. Got it working..
It is a weird bolt. Even when you snug it down, the kickstand still has side-to-side play, by design. Sours like you had the OPPOSITE problem, heh.

But since the kickstand always feels 'loose', I can see why you wouldn't think the bolt wasn't tight enough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When I tightened it up, it worked just like it supposed to.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Mine works just fine, no problem getting it on, even springs were easy with a huge screw driver to lever them on. I think I got the idea from some greek fellow named Archamedes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts