Strom Trooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nice fit and finish, not even visible much. I does reduce a bit ground clearance I think but not much.
Relatively easy to put bike on and off so I would not rather leave it on center stand in unsecured, public place.
For maintenance it will be perfect and it costs half of the OEM original stand.

·
Registered
14,020 Posts
I've got the Motech stand on my wee. relatively easy to deploy and get off of too.
There was a post recently by someone who had issues with it and panned the Motech stuff.
I put the center stand down all the time. I wouldn't worry about unsecured parking on the center stand anymore that using the side stand.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't worry about unsecured parking on the center stand anymore that using the side stand.
small bump from reversing blonde in a car will get center stand off and bike will crash,
not so easy with side stand though. Try that.

·
Registered
14,020 Posts
Idiots in cars can manage to overcome almost all precautions.
My neighbors on the other side of the concrete wall have put cracks in it. If they had a bit more room to get up speed, they could likely knock it down.
Where do I hide my bike in the yard when they do that?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would say the chances of another vehicle knocking your bike off its centerstand in such a fashion that the only damage that occurs is a direct result of falling over is about the same as your bike being hit in the parking lot by a falling meteorite.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Love my SW centrestand, but had to 'adapt' it when installed linkage risers. Welded on some thick plate on the underside to raise it - otherwise couldn't get enough height to get the back wheel off the ground (let alone remove it). With sidestand, welded on a couple of nuts on the underside, screwed some bolts into the nuts then reinstalled the aftermarket stand foot pad with longer bolts. All back in spec now functionally.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've done a few mods to my DL1000 (mostly ergonomics-related) but would have to consider the addition of a centerstand my most worthwhile addition. They're just so damned handy and functional.

I never put one on my KLR because all aftermarket offerings used the footpeg mounts and I never thought that was a suitable arrangement. I was glad to see the Strom incorporated a centerstand boss to be used. Good job, Suzuki!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would say the chances of another vehicle knocking your bike off its centerstand in such a fashion that the only damage that occurs is a direct result of falling over is about the same as your bike being hit in the parking lot by a falling meteorite.
you would be surprised, I have bumped my bike on my driveway reversing wife car.
Straight into rear tyre so damage none but bike jump back few inches, side stand didn't get off
and bike didn't fall. Would it be on center stand bike is down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts