StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those funny Germans! I love the instruction pictures included with SW Motech products, it is as if they are saying, "Eef Zu Kant figger dis owt den you are dum kopf."

So, the string trick the get the springs on is great! One thing to note is that the top bolt on the right side is a little tricky to get in place because the exhaust makes it a tight spot. I tightened it last and recommend long hex t-wrenches if you have them. (allen wrenches)

Anyhow, i ride tomorrow and will report on my handy work! ;-)

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Yes, I just went through the headache of trying to read their instructions (or lack of) for a skid plate. I finally got it on, but would like to make a special trip to Germany to vent on their technical illustrator.

A picture is worth a thousand words. I would have liked to have seen pictures with the isometric drawing. I felt like I was supposed to be a mind reader. It would have saved me a couple of hours in my 100+ degree garage.

Jim

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
One thing to note is that the top bolt on the right side is a little tricky to get in place because the exhaust makes it a tight spot. I tightened it last and recommend long hex t-wrenches if you have them. (allen wrenches)
Ball end is needed too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
For the right side I used a 5inch and a 3 inch extension, gave me enough 'play' to get it done and torqued to spec.

Guess my box set is a bit loose :)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Grey, What is a ball end? Does that require special undergraments?
:p A picture is worth ten characters. Just don't use the ball end for the final torquing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts