StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since purchasing my 650 about 8 weeks ago, I have added, Suzuki hand guards, clear turn signals, Symtech heat grips, Powerlet 12v outlet AND Motech skid plate, crash bars, centerstand, cross bar for handlebars and Quicklock sideracks, (currently I am using Nelson Rigg SB 900 softbags on the Quicklocks and a Cortech tail and tankbag).

I know that there are several aftermarket manufacturers for the above "Motech" chosen parts. It can be an overwhelming choice for the "Strom Newbie" as I am. BUT, I want to say that, although the instructions for installing Motech parts are not very good, the parts themselves are of high quality and bolt up perfectly to the bike. NOTHING has ever been missing, nor has there been a "misalignment" issue with ANY part I have purchased, (from Twistedthrottle.com).

It takes a little thought and planning and studying the German diagrams that are included with each piece of equipment, but the diagrams are organized very well and through the process of elimination, you can figure out what nut goes where and which washer goes with it.

So, for those that are on the fence about which skid plate to choose, (which leads you to which crash bars to choose, which leads you to centerstand......, sideracks...........), because there is a Suzuki engineered oil cooler hanging out front with a big red, "hit me" bullseye on it, the Motech stuff is pretty darn good. Very rugged! I am really impressed with the Quicklock siderack system.

Barry

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I've found the same as you, I'm lucky I've got a wife that can read german, their translation into english isn't always correct.

Kyle

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
+1 on the quicklock side racks and Nelson Rigg combo. That is what I am using and like it quite a bit.
I ran a length of coated aircraft cable under the tail rack from one bag to the other with a combination lock on each end. I canlock my helmet to it when I want also.
It won't stop a dermined thief but I can always take the bags with me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
:wink: SW-Moto is #1 in my opinion!:D

TC:D

·
Registered
961 Posts
I had SWMotec moved up to Hepco Becker crash bars, Adventure Moto skid plate and Suzuki center stand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts