StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As there are many more SV accessories available online from shops such as ebay I was wondering if members could post parts they are aware are interchangeable. In Australia aftermarket parts for DL are hard to find without importing from US or Europe where as SV accessories are more prevelant. In particular I am interested to know if the radiators/oil coolers are the same size so I can get SV radiator gaurds.

·
Registered
92 Posts
As there are many more SV accessories available online from shops such as ebay I was wondering if members could post parts they are aware are interchangeable. In Australia aftermarket parts for DL are hard to find without importing from US or Europe where as SV accessories are more prevelant. In particular I am interested to know if the radiators/oil coolers are the same size so I can get SV radiator gaurds.
Try this guy. I'm waiting on his Radiator & oil cooler covers & a switch plate.

http://community-2.webtv.net/CHERDAN/MyVStromAccessories/

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
A company here in the states that offers great service is TwistedThrottle.com
They've many parts for the Stroms available and no BS in their advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interchanges.

I am an SV650 owner and have the same question. AFAIK there are many interchangable engine parts, although anythign useful is different by specification. IF you want to make you bike perform more liek the SV (a bit sportier) you shoul dbe able to import some items like cams and throttle bodies with relative ease.

The only way to check the other items is to compare microfiche - I generally use ronayers.com.

Even that isn't always indicative - many functionally compatible partsfit even thought they are different part numbers. FOr example, I have a fair number GSXR parts on my SV -- not designed for it, but they fit. There is no way to tell from the fiche - have to scrounge around the message boards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts