StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
I love the idea of an SV scrambler, but Suzuki doesn't seem too serious. The article says it's purely cosmetic, no changes to suspension or other mechanicals. I have an '03 SV, it's not fun off pavement.

·
Registered
21,984 Posts
my nekkid red '99 is still waiting to be a bobtail motard. It was my project a dozen years ago, plan is to get a WP Suspension rear shock, similar to the one I have on my Vee. Engine is partially torn down, it will get rebuilt to 677 CC, I will source a fork from a KTM. One of the oddities, is that I want a tractor style saddle

·
Registered
472 Posts
Rambler, maybe

Wrong pipe, no solo saddle, no knobbies, and what are those black things over the rear wheel- bags? On a scrambler? Trellis frame looks good.

·
Super Moderator
16,240 Posts
I sadly see yet another bike which Suzuki could actually install good suspension and brakes on, but nope they cheap out yet again. I don't see a scrambler either, get a Ducati or Triumph if you require the real deal.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I love my SV. I hope Suzuki gets what ever commercial success they can with this re-decoration so they will keep on making them. Mine arrived as a used, low priced plain Jane from the scratched and dented isle. It is no show bike. No dirt bike. But after doing all the suspension tricks, short of a full GSXR front end, it will happily broadslide the fire roads and hang in there with the big bikes on downhill canyon stretches. Can't think of anything I'd replace it with in that category.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I don't know guys looks as legit as the Ducati Scrambler.

It's probably lighter than an actual Triumph Scrambler probably would out run it to.

I say good on Suzuki for trying it.

·
Super Moderator
16,240 Posts
I don't know guys looks as legit as the Ducati Scrambler.

It's probably lighter than an actual Triumph Scrambler probably would out run it to.

I say good on Suzuki for trying it.
I’ll take the extra hp, better brakes and suspension of the Ducati....in particular the Desert sled:grin2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts