StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I need to replace my front wheel on my DL650. in looking at used SV wheels they look alot alike. Since these are pretty much the same bike are the front wheels interchangable? There seem to be used SV wheels available and hardly any DL wheels.
Thanks,
Mil T

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Pat, since the automobile industry has, "Click and Clack, The Tappet Brothers"; signature names for Tom's and Ray's VAST knowledge of cars, I have been trying to think of a nickname for you that reflects a similar level of respect.

Since "Click and Clack" have already been taken, I was thinking of "Clunk". "Clunk" also kind of goes along with the sound of a "non-Traxxion" front end suspension of a DL-650.

Whaddayathink? It might stick?

We've got "Clunk" here to help us out.

(I owe you two beers now.....).

B.L.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
I have an 06 DL650. Do you know what years SV might fit that? It's a 19 inch front wheel.
I believe (although I'm not certain) that all second gen (03+) SV non-ABS front wheels will fit any non-ABS DL650. Don't know about the ABS model compatibility. The problem though is that the SV wheels are 17". That means that front is going to be lowered about an inch, which is quite a bit unless the rear is lowered a little also.

·
Registered
76 Posts
there has got to be a LOT of suspension variatioin between the two models I would think. I would not want to give up the nineteen incher on front of my wee. jus sayin

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
'07 and later Wee wheels, ABS or not, changed from the earlier wheels. An '04-'06 Wee ought to be able to use an '03-'06 SV wheel then. '07 and later Wee's have larger hubs an disc rotor centers but, since the DL discs have to be used, they may work too.

My bike doesn't clunk though. All Stroms clatter. Does that matter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts