StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently installed SV racing springs and the gold valve emulator on my front forks. I followed the instructions and when I added the oil I compressed the forks multiple times to get the oil to drain down and then top off. I ran out of oil with one side at 140 and the other at ~142mm but I didn't compress them again after that.

Here's my worry, now when I compress the forks it sounds like the springs are creaking/squeaking and I feel if they were under adequate oil I shouldn't hear that. Has anyone had this issue with new springs?

Also, I tried to follow the Black Magic post of adjusting the suspension and no matter what preload I set I don't get the 25-33% of sag on the front forks. Any ideas on this as well?

Thank you for any help here, the hope is to not pull the front end apart again but I will if I have to.

·
Administrator
17,397 Posts
Have you contacted Blair with SV Racing?

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Hello all,

I recently installed SV racing springs and the gold valve emulator on my front forks. I followed the instructions and when I added the oil I compressed the forks multiple times to get the oil to drain down and then top off. I ran out of oil with one side at 140 and the other at ~142mm but I didn't compress them again after that.

Here's my worry, now when I compress the forks it sounds like the springs are creaking/squeaking and I feel if they were under adequate oil I shouldn't hear that. Has anyone had this issue with new springs?

Also, I tried to follow the Black Magic post of adjusting the suspension and no matter what preload I set I don't get the 25-33% of sag on the front forks. Any ideas on this as well?

Thank you for any help here, the hope is to not pull the front end apart again but I will if I have to.
Do you ride to work? If so, ride in on Monday and ping me, I'm in the global. I'll take a look at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts