StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts
It's hard to tell from those pics, but it looks like I would need the crash bars to mount those pegs??

thanks

Ron

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It's hard to tell from those pics, but it looks like I would need the crash bars to mount those pegs??

thanks

Ron
Yes you would. The thread is about crash protection after all.;)

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
Yes you would. The thread is about crash protection after all.;)

:) I also use and carry all of the Pat Walsh products,

They work very well with the SV Racing Parts Frame and matching Swing Arm Sliders,

The Pat Walsh gear is not in my ebay store, I provide it for exactly the same price as Pat Walsh including shipping,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Registered
151 Posts
I got my Wee some nice presents;

SV Racing Parts Swing Arm Sliders
I got a great deal from Blair for a Scotts Performance Steering Stabiliser, so I added the Sliders to the order. Why not eh ;)

I already had crash bars, the Suzuki OEM's. I knew this would interfere with the mounting of the frame sliders, but I was confident I could work around this.

The Swing Arm Sliders screw in very easy. Install time 1 minute each side.

The Frame Sliders use the cross bolt to fit. Normally they fit flush into the frame, but this was impossible using the engine guards. Mounting them on top of the crash bars would be impossible, the bolt isn't long enough. So I cut off part of the slider, making sure there was still enough of the metal inside left to support the slider. Mounted them on top of the crash bar.

Not sure if this will hold up in a crash, I'm guessing they might break. But I hope I never find out!

Very fast shipping from Blair, and every question was replied to promptly. I'm already saving up for whatever I'm going to buy from him next ;)

·
38,048 Posts
SW-Motech is the manufacturer of those crash bars. If you had ordered sliders for use with SW-M crash bars, they would have come with a longer through bolt, actually a threaded rod with nuts on each end.

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
SV Racing Parts Frame and matching Swing ArmSliders

I got my Wee some nice presents;

SV Racing Parts Swing Arm Sliders
I got a great deal from Blair for a Scotts Performance Steering Stabiliser, so I added the Sliders to the order.

Very fast shipping from Blair, and every question was replied to promptly. I'm already saving up for whatever I'm going to buy from him next ;)

:) Hi thanks for the support, I appreciate it,

Blair

·
Registered
151 Posts
SW-Motech is the manufacturer of those crash bars. If you had ordered sliders for use with SW-M crash bars, they would have come with a longer through bolt, actually a threaded rod with nuts on each end.
But that would only be possible if I had 2 brain cells and the ability to think things through before I do them :rolleyes:

I was under the impression the SW-M bars used different mounting points, but I just checked and indeed they don't. Ah well, they're on anyways. Thanks for the info though!

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
I just installed my SV Racing Parts sliders. They look very substantial...haven't yet tested them ;)

I ordered the parts to fit my Wee with SW-M crash bars. The through bolt Blair sent might have been for a Vee. Anyway, I had to cut off an inch and dress the threads on the end, otherwise the nuts went down too far to tighten with a deep socket.

Either 3/4" or 19mm sockets fit. To start the nut that deep inside the slider, I put the nut in a standard socket on an extension. Got that started on the threads by hand, then used deep sockets on each end to tighten. Went on well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
What is the length of the pucks on these guys? Im gonna lay my bike over to see if they will hit the ground with my Givi guard and panniers on the back... Is it 4.5 inchs?

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
Installed my frame sliders last night plus the swingarm sliders Blair located for my new (to me) Kawi.

Thanks for the great service Blair!

·
38,048 Posts
The Delrin rides around a turned billet aluminum insert.

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
:hurray: Hi here is an image of the Swing Arm Sliders,

The sacrificial Slider Pucks are designed to take the hit and are replaceable. I have lots of the replaceable pucks here,

The precision machined aluminum inserts are high quality and great spools for your use with rear stands,

The Frame Sliders also have the quality machined inserts so the the Slider Pucks themselves are sacrificial while the bolts and inserts are metal to carry the load and prevent the pucks from simply collapsing, they work very well,

Let me know whenever I can help you out,

Blair

·
Registered
535 Posts
Blair, it looks like you might be out of frame sliders for my DL650. Your store only shows the swingarm sliders in stock right now, can you let me know when I might be able to order a full set, front as well as back? Thanks.

I posted this to the thread as I'm guessing other members would possibly be interested in an "in-stock" date as well.

·
Vendor
5,011 Posts
SV Racing Parts DL Frame Sliders

Hi, Thanks; The DL Frame Sliders were sold out for a while and just came back into stock this week. Check them out at SVRacingParts.com under the Category on the left under For Stromtroopers,

Here is a link,
SVRacingParts.com

I have the Frame Sliders and the Swing Arm Sliders listed up both individually and as a combination to combine the shipping for my fellow Stromtroopers,

Let me know if you have any trouble locating them or with the site and I will get you looked after right away,

Blair

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just finished installing the frame and swing arm sliders on my '12 DL650A, and I have to say that the fit and finish of the product is top notch. Blair was a pleasure to deal with, and he is very responsive to inquiries via email. I can highly recommend him without reservation. :thumbup:

If anyone is considering these sliders, I documented my installation this evening. While the instructions that Blair provides are adequate to the task, I always find pictures are helpful even for the simplest of tasks.

Check it out here: My 2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 Page: Frame and Swing Arm Sliders from SVRacingParts.com

21 - 40 of 42 Posts