StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:) Hi Everyone, I am happy to announce that the SV Racing Parts, Extended Top Front Brake Line Kit for 2012 DL650 abs is now Officially Released and Available for use to all Stromtroopers wanting to run GenMar Up and Back or any other Handle Bar Risers on our 2012 and up DL650 abs bikes,

Once again I have teamed up with Galfer to produce another SV Racing Parts, private part number SS Line Kit that will do exactly what we need it do and meets all the Galfer Lifetime Guaranteed Part criteria,

I promised everyone I would post up when the project was ready to ship, and here it is,

This was a tough one to get around due to the fittings and the way Galfer hard plumbed the brake lines together,

We did it with a Great Looking Black SS 3 Line Kit that ties the whole front end together properly for all aesthetic and safety reasons, and provides the right length Top Line for all the common risers, and without having to incur custom line charge fees for the riser heights,

I am sure that some of our members who have already installed the kits from the initial production run will be along shortly to post up how they like the kit.

It is a 3 line kit that comes with all the unique fittings you will require and new replacement SS Banjo Bolts and Crush washers for your bike,

It is priced at $114.99 all in with $10 Flat Rate shipping to your door anywhere in the USA,

As with all the 2007 - 2011 DL650 abs models, the one other item I highly recommend that you order at the same time is the CT Single Banjo Bleeder, $19.95, for your Front Brake Master Cylinder, it will make bleeding and maintaining your 2012 DL650 abs system so much easier. Your brakes and your bike will thank you,

You can find the 2102 DL650 abs Black SS Line Kits on the website SVRacingParts.com Under the category For Stromtroopers, and then Under Brake Products,

If you need and help at all Email me Directly at [email protected] and I will get you looked after right away,

These parts will serve you well,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Kit came in a couple days, fast shipping as usual for Blair. Took me about 5 hours, didn't really know what I was doing at first, but now I could do it in an hour. If you know the bike you might be able to do it with out taking the tank off, Suzuki made it hard to take the bike apart.
Wife loves the risers, no more leaning forward. If someone has questions please ask. I'll post some pics later.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have them on my bike and they are great. I was able to with risers finally able to put the handlebars where I like them. I know others who have lowered the bike to get more clearance to mount risers but this way you do not have to lower.

Respectfully, Doug:thumbup:

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
:) Hi Everyone, I am happy to announce that the SV Racing Parts, Extended Top Front Brake Line Kit for 2012 DL650 abs is now Officially Released and Available for use to all Stromtroopers wanting to run GenMar Up and Back or any other Handle Bar Risers on our 2012 and up DL650 abs bikes,

Once again I have teamed up with Galfer to produce another SV Racing Parts, private part number SS Line Kit that will do exactly what we need it do and meets all the Galfer Lifetime Guaranteed Part criteria,

I promised everyone I would post up when the project was ready to ship, and here it is,

This was a tough one to get around due to the fittings and the way Galfer hard plumbed the brake lines together,

We did it with a Great Looking Black SS 3 Line Kit that ties the whole front end together properly for all aesthetic and safety reasons, and provides the right length Top Line for all the common risers, and without having to incur custom line charge fees for the riser heights,

I am sure that some of our members who have already installed the kits from the initial production run will be along shortly to post up how they like the kit.

It is a 3 line kit that comes with all the unique fittings you will require and new replacement SS Banjo Bolts and Crush washers for your bike,

It is priced at $114.99 all in with $10 Flat Rate shipping to your door anywhere in the USA,

As with all the 2007 - 2011 DL650 abs models, the one other item I highly recommend that you order at the same time is the CT Single Banjo Bleeder, $19.95, for your Front Brake Master Cylinder, it will make bleeding and maintaining your 2012 DL650 abs system so much easier. Your brakes and your bike will thank you,

You can find the 2102 DL650 abs Black SS Line Kits on the website SVRacingParts.com Under the category For Stromtroopers, and then Under Brake Products,

If you need and help at all Email me Directly at [email protected] and I will get you looked after right away,

Blair

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks Blair!

Any eta on a 2012 dl650 specific mount for the Scotts stabilizer?

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:) Hi, Thanks, the 2012 DL650 abs Lines Kit was a challenge but this is a super elegant upgrade that will all every Stromtrooper to run the risers of their choice with no issues,

On the Scotts Stabilizer Mount for the DL650 abs you can be sure Santa has his elves working on that as an early Christmas present for all the good girls and boys,

I will post up as soon as it is released and available,

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:) Hi Ace, There are a number of photos done up and posted by Stromtroopers who have installed the kit at home, I will get some of them organized and post up a few,

The Kit comes with very good instructions on exactly how to set up and install the lines, The one other item that I do highly recommend be ordered at the same time is the CT Single Banjo Bleeder to allow the brakes to be bled and maintained from the top,

It makes the initial process and the ongoing maintenance of the DL650 abs brakes so much easier,

This is a very good solution to the short front brake line from Suzuki and being able to install the handle bar risers of your choice,

Blair
Enjoy

·
Registered
174 Posts
Do you know what's the approximate extension available with the OEM (handlebar / risers) setup before this kit is needed?

That is, can I put a 30mm up 'n back farkle in before I need this kit? Or, what's the approximate limit before I need to buy this?

Is there anything else that need to be changed at the same time? (clutch? throttle cables?)

Thanks...

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:) Hi, if you go anymore than a very simple One Up Riser you need to swap out the Front Brake Line on your DL650 abs to this kit. Otherwise you are stressing the brake hose connectors with too much stretch and they will eventually just give out and separate which is not what you want,

You can order Black SS Extended Brake Lines Kit in two versions so do let me know what you are doing for risers and I will ship you the appropriate version,

I have a lot of experience gleaned over past 5 years since DL650 abs was introduced and we started doing these kits up for our bikes back in 2007,

I have set up the drop down boxes in the website at SVRacingParts.com to make is as simple as possible for everyone,

I am keeping the kits in stock and ready to ship immediately,

Let me know whenever I can help you out, If you email me at [email protected] and include a contact phone number I will be happy to give you a brief call to discuss your needs and the best solution for you,

Blair

·
Registered
31 Posts
Put a set on mine with a +3 extension. Blair was great and very accommodating. A nice solid feel to the lever. I made my own barbacks and this was the perfect solution. Highly recommended if you are thinking of moving your bars.:thumbup:

·
Registered
438 Posts
:) On the Scotts Stabilizer Mount for the DL650 abs you can be sure Santa has his elves working on that as an early Christmas present for all the good girls and boys,
I will post up as soon as it is released and available,
Thanks,
I look forward to this farkle, since it probably the only one that can help mitigate my poor off road technique.:green_lol::lol1::lol1::lol::mod_lol::lol1::lol:

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi, As per the post, Sorry but there is no single line alternative for the 2012 DL650 abs models.

The reason is that the Hard Plumbed System provided by Suzuki on these models makes it requisite to use the Fittings and the three lines together to tie the ABS System together this way in order to provide the Black SS Extended Top Front Brake line. With these models there is no way and nowhere to simply use one line and banjo bolt style fitting to make it any easier,

The Alternative was to provided a full front and rear abs lines replacement kit that would have been over double the money,

This SV Racing Parts, Black SS Extended Top Front Brake Line Kit From Galfer provides you with all the requisite Special Fittings needed to make the connections to the abs system,

This Price is Discounted from the Galfer MSRP to help out my fellow Stromtroopers as I always do,

Email me Directly at [email protected] whenever you are ready and I will get you looked after right away,

Everything is in stock and ready to ship,

Let me know whenever you are ready, I will get you looked after right away,

Blair

·
Registered
46 Posts
Put a set on mine with a +3 extension. Blair was great and very accommodating. A nice solid feel to the lever. I made my own barbacks and this was the perfect solution. Highly recommended if you are thinking of moving your bars.:thumbup:
My question: So you used Blairs' 3 piece front brake lines kit but he substituted a 3" top line vs. the 2"? I am thinking of using 2" Rox riser which between the up and back may be straining the standard 2" extension. Also curious as to why you did not use the Rox Riser.

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, if you are using Rox or other Pivot Risers 2 inches or higher choose the option in the drop down box for Risers as Risers Over 2 inches and you will receive the correct length +3 Extended Top Front Line Brake Kit,

It is too Easy. The best thing you can do is simply Email me Directly at [email protected] and let me know the risers you want to use and I will Reply Back and let you know directly which you need, Too easy,

These are excellent parts that will serve you well,

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, The documentation is there to show you the required line and where the fittings need to be utilized. They parts are all intended to be used together and act as a complete unit.

The 2012 DL650 abs Extended Top Front Line Kit is available in +2 for use with the one up risers and the up and back risers, Or in +3 for 2 inch plus risers and for rotating risers,

You are buying a Complete Lifetime Guaranteed full upgrade for the front Lines on the 2012 DL650 abs. There is no single line option on our 2012 Bikes,

You can be sure that if there was I would have done it the same way as I did the Single Line Upgrade for the 2007 - 2012 models,

Let me know whenever you are ready and I will get you looked after right away. I can tell you that everyone who has done the upgrade with me is very happy and satisfied with it,

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:) Hi Everyone, I called Galfer and I spoke directly to the head of tech and they tell me that the parts you receive if you were to order the Line A as suggested would not give you all the parts you need to correctly complete the install and properly secure the line connection,

I PM'd the poster who mentioned just having those few parts ordered,

If you think about it, the regular Dual line kits for non-abs are $89.95 and do not have the third line or all the fittings and parts that these kits come with,

That considered, the value provided is good value and all Stromtroopers running these kits see the Lifetime Quality value,

Email me Directly at [email protected] whenever you are ready and I will get you looked after right away,

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

Blair

·
Vendor
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

Blair

1 - 20 of 22 Posts