StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with great reluctance I sold my 2000 Candy Grand Blue SV 650. However, my pain was immediately alleviated when I got this with just 0 miles (0.2 on the tripmeter):

http://www.juddemerson.com/SV/vstrom.jpg

First impressions: Handles really well. Not sure if the tires will be up to a good thrashing in the corners. Windshield didn't cause much buffeting but was LOUD (gotta wear earplugs). Oh, and it took me a while to find the choke lever. Ohhhhhhhh, there isn't one! :oops:

More later...

C

·
0 Posts
RE

Congrats on your new scoot. I was just out in the garage working on my cruiser and looking at my SV thinking what it might be like without it.

-cos

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congratulations ! I have an 02 SV at the moment and I'm looking to sell it and get exactly what you just got. How does it compare to the SV, which is a great bike. More power obviuosly, but is it as "flickable" as the Sv. I want one mostly because I'm not a real aggressive rider, and want a little more comfort for medium to long trips. One of my concrns with the Strom at the moment is this "buffeting" people write about, coming from a naked SV, is it something that will bother me or will I ask "what was all the fuss about? this things great" I'm wondering whether to wait for th 04's with the adjustable windsheild, but if I can get a good deal on the 03 I will probably go for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts