StromTrooper banner
141 - 160 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Pics from my first off road ride after my purchase of a new to me 2012 650 DL in April 2021. And later that summer on top of a 9,500 ft peak/old fire look out, the last
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Land vehicle

1/4 was pretty technical for me, ruts, big ass rocks and lots of angles.
Wheel Tire Plant Sky Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
@gookum it's fun isn't it? Something tells me that you just went for that Puddle "on purpose" ...Brings back the memories from our childhood :D

Water Plant Water resources Smile People in nature

• Haha
Reactions: Gert

·
Registered
284 Posts
Last Saturday, I went with some mates to do some off road between Murrindindi , Naberthong, Marysville.
The previous night it rain .. a lot. All the roads where wet and the red clay soil was slippery as wet soap.
I couldn't take many photos as Most of the time I was trying not to fall hahaha, plus the other guys had more off road tyres than my 50/50. It was a catch up game I did not win.
It was fun and I may have dropped the bike like 4 or 5 times at very slow speed. one of them in a very step hill, where even the 4x4 had difficulties.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Plant community

Different bikes , all fun

Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Mud to the right

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fuel tank

mud to the left

Plant Tree Natural landscape Wood Vehicle

The hill that I couldn't finish

Mirror Plant Motor vehicle Vehicle Tree

A nice bridge with a creek with much water

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Vehicle

I was wondering why I had no traction.
Wet clay is no good for stability

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
That's some slippery mud... :oops: a quad would be a better choice, but not practical since you need to trailer it to those trails. Looks like your friends had a more suitable machines, but I bet it wasn't easy for them either.
If you guys down under can find the way to pipe and store "all that rain water you got lately", it would come in handy when you get those huge brush fires :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
It's a mountain in the south of France called "Montagne Noire" (Black Mountain). Between the city of Castres and the city of Carcasonne (Google Maps will help you).
In some places, spring hasn't started, in France ! :D
Looking at the map the area is still very close to Mediterranean but I guess at 1,210 meters (3,970 ft) the climate is a bit different from the France I remember, when staying at Frejus, Nice and Marseille with palm trees.
Map World Atlas Parallel

Water Sky Property Building Azure

141 - 160 of 181 Posts