StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just gotten a '05 DL650, and I'm looking to put a centerstand on it. I'm wondering how does the Motech centerstand compare with the OEM Suzuki stand? Which one is better?

·
Registered
75 Posts
JetJaguar said:
I've just gotten a '05 DL650, and I'm looking to put a centerstand on it. I'm wondering how does the Motech centerstand compare with the OEM Suzuki stand? Which one is better?
I can't speak to the Suzuki, but I installed a SW Motech centerstand on my 05 DL650 about 3 or 4 weeks ago, and very happy with it. Works better than any other centerstand I've had on other bikes, mostly BMW's.

D

·
0 Posts
Stands

I bought the Suzuki stand, and I like it. My buddy bought the Motech stand, and he likes his. Both stands installed easily, fit and function on both is good. I dont think it matters which one you buy, you will be happy either way.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WIsixfitty said:
anyone know approx cost on either version?
The Motech centerstand is $170 from twistedthrottle.com, the Suzuki centerstand is $220 MSRP. So far, I'm leaning towards the Motech stand.

D

·
0 Posts
Stands

I guess it depends where you live. Here in Canada the Motech stand was $300+ once you pay the shipping, duty, and tax. The Suzuki stand cost me $200. (Canadian dollars of course)

J

·
0 Posts
The Suzuki stand is now on sale through Oneida for $169.00USD and 32USD for shipping to Western Canada.

K

·
0 Posts
I bought a suzuki stand 4 weeks ago and it bent like a wet noodle 3 weeks ago. I cant believe they used tubeing instead of solid steel bar. I thought the stand seemed flimsy when i was installing it. If u do allot of riding and the stand gets hot from the exaust, remember to take off all luggage and let the bike cool down before attempting to put the bike on the center stand. The weld will break and the foot lever will bend. This makes left turns feel like u'r riding a chopper slammed to the ground. I ended up using a curb to bend the thing back. It still doesnt work and it really ticked me off seeing i was 5 states away from home. :(

R

·
0 Posts
sw motech

Put the SW Motech centerstand on last week and couldn't be happier.

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Motech, especially if you want to add a Motech skidplate or crash bars later. I have the centerstand and it is top quality. I did not go with the OEM because reduced cornering clearance.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Another vote for the MoTech.

I've had mine on for about 2,000 miles and I haven't had a single issue with it. It's stable, easy to use and bolted on easily.

Brak

J

·
0 Posts
Motech

Think they are running a sale right now. Check your venders, Adventuremotousa and twisted throttle etc.

Jacguzzi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts