StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

UPDATE: Suzuki Motor of America has confirmed the V-Strom 650XT is coming to the U.S.A. American MSRP: $10,399.

Suzuki puts a little more adventure into its very popular mid-sizeadventure bike, with the V-Strom 650XT, adding wire-spoke wheels sourced from DID (in the same 19- and 17-inch sizes as before), mounting tubeless Bridgestone Trail Wing radial tires. The V-Strom 650XT‘s Spoke wheels are less likely to get bent when rolling over BFRs and other off-road obstacles, and tubeless tires are of course much easier to patch and less prone to sudden blow-outs. Win win.

New cam profiles, single valve springs and iridium spark plugs are all supposed to boost low- and mid-range power, while Suzuki’s Dual Throttle Valve system keeps delivery smooth. Ten-hole injectors and an O2 sensor make it Euro 3 compliant.

093014-2015-suzuki-v-strom-650xt-DL650XAL5_action_13

093014-2015-suzuki-v-strom-650xt-DL650XAL5_action_14Revised bodywork directs more cooling air at the radiator and away from the rider, while a new three-position adjustable windscreen is claimed to increase your long-distance cruising pleasure. It’s all about comfort on long rides, Suzuki says, and the bike is slimmer between the knees. A new seat is supposed to offer more mobility, and shaped to make it easier to reach the ground, 32.9 inches away. The passenger seat is shaped to prevent slipping forward for two-up adventuring, and designed also to be able to have large items strapped on instead of your S.O. if desired. Red stitching identifies the XT model.

Suzuki reiterates it was first to use the beak, on the DR-Z of 1987, and the new bike retains a suprised look that it now houses a pair of 60/55-watt halogen headlights.

ABS is standard equipment on the new bike. There is no mention of traction control. The jaunty side cases and top box you see in the photos are extra-cost accessories, as are plenty of other items, including a centerstand, aluminum skid plate, 12V outlet, crash bars, etc …

Read More Here: Motorcycle Reviews, Videos, Prices and Used Motorcycles

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'd get it wihtout the gigantic side and top cases and stick my Givi E21s on there but like the crash bars and skid plate. If my Strom died tomorrow I might consider buying one of those.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Very Nice looking and the new distance riding features sounds like they have been listening to users. It appears to still have those silly looking japanese anime eye like headlights though. Nothing some duct tape or spray paint cant fix.

·
Super Moderator
16,870 Posts
Just got mine last week, so far I am loving it! I have always been a 1000 Strom guy, but now I see what all the hype and love affair with the 650 is all about. My 1000 is going up for sale soon, doubt I will ever ride it again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just got mine last week, so far I am loving it! I have always been a 1000 Strom guy, but now I see what all the hype and love affair with the 650 is all about. My 1000 is going up for sale soon, doubt I will ever ride it again.

I felt the same way, Rode my father in laws back up bike (strom 1000) quite often. I liked it. but didn't love it. Fast forward a couple years and I now have a 650, I absolutely love the bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had mine since May. Loving it. 8500km on the clock so far. Just does everything really well. Next big trip is up to Tingha for the Adventure Riders Congregation.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I own and highly regard a 2014 Vstrom 1000 but when a friend who has a licence but who has never owned a road bike expressed a desire to get one I gave him the heads up about the 650XT.
We and two others just completed 6,800 kms to central Australia return to NSW and his new 650xt was a real gem. Never short of power (even accompanying two over 1000cc bikes) it is smooth, comfortable and economical. Ridden together he would get 15% better fuel consumption than I would regularly while doing everything I did and loaded up similarly.

ps, I'd love those spoked wheels on my 1000

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts