StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just recieved a Suzuki (Trax Evo) 38 ltr top box from Suzuki.ca for $200 plus taxes and shipping to BC. $241 all together. Includes mounting plate. All the hardware needed and two locks. On one popular Canadian online site it is 450 bucks without all the hardware. Good deal if you are looking for one. Sale pricing on side cases also.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
yes sir, got mine via V-Tom delivered to me at the Rally last week. Can't get such a deal down here in the US. So I made arrangements with my Canadian Brother and he hooked this Southern Boy up.

Tom I cant thank you enough....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Took advantage of this myself for my new-to-me 2015 DL650. Bought top and side cases and had them shipped to a dealer. Excellent prices!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took advantage of this myself for my new-to-me 2015 DL650. Bought top and side cases and had them shipped to a dealer. Excellent prices!
Prices certainly can't be beat. I am running Pelican side cases and was looking at one more for the top to replace a soft bag. This came in much cheaper. Looking over the hardware and I'm not sure why they want the rear carrier bolts replaced.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmmm I have 2014 V. Tempting to buy the top box for sure. Has anyone here with a 1000 bought the side cases and modified to fit onto their Strom?

·
Registered
480 Posts
It's to bad this side and top box setup doesn't work on a gen-1 650. They would be a nice upgrade from my plastic clam shell boxes that I currently have.

I wonder how differently they mount from my original side boxes? Mine have three points, two at the bottom back of the cases that kinda hook into the mounting rack and an indent on the top that locks it onto the rack. I suspect these boxes are completely different from my setup?

·
Registered
28 Posts
In looking at the photo of the plate I’m positive I can make the top box work on my V. Side cases I’m not too sure. Pulled the trigger on the top case for now.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plate mounts on the 12 to 16 650s by removing the rubber insert then there are spacers between the existing rack and the plate. Here are a few pics.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts