StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hodad
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Holland at the moment, I'm going to order a Suzuki sport windscreen on Tuesday and bring it home in my luggage on Friday the 8th.

My cost is 89 euros incl. VAT, plus 5% GST when I arrive in Canada. If there is more than one of these screens available I'm willing to buy and bring a couple extra home with me (like 2 or 3, not 10). If anybody else wants one please let me know before this Tuesday.

I have no interest in packing and shipping a windscreen, so this offer is made to persons willing to pick this item up from me in Bragg Creek or at my office in downtown Calgary.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
You should throw this up in the 'General Vstrom' area Duct tape, I can GUARANTEE you will get some hits. (Always some canadians in there who can pick it up)
:D

·
Hodad
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Coho - This was intended as a limited offer to the local Canuckleheads

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
its sad that you have NO answers yet ! OMG, people are missin out ! You could almost buy a couple extra and charge alot for em locally when you get back ! haha !

Someone is BOUND to want one bad and notice your offer too late.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Duck tape I may be interested but unsure of what it looks like. Can you post a link or picture? If it is the one I think lower screen tinted black put me down for one.

·
Hodad
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It is smoked. I don't have the part number at hand, but if you can surf to Suzuki's Great Britain website it is listed there as an accessory part, and if you want to see a picture I think it is the original windscreen fitted to their 'sport' V-Strom.

I'm 8 hours ahead of MDT, and plan to do this errand tomorrow a.m., so you pretty much have until about 1 a.m. MDT (16-ish hours from now) to post a message on this.

Here's the link to the Suzuki GB website

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/accessories/detail.php?id=000884&search[sector]=10_on_road&search[range]=on_vstrom

and this is the part number

990D0-27G50-SMO

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's the one I was thinking of .Yes, put me down for one.

·
Hodad
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okeydoke

·
Hodad
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We bought the last two windscreens in Suzuki's Holland warehouse, they'll be available for pickup tomorrow at the dealer.

We land in Calgary on Friday night, I'll be around the place at Bragg Creek over the weekend, and at my office downtown during the week. Let me know when you want get together to collect the windscreen.

·
Registered
58 Posts
sounds good. Going camping this weekend so I am thinking more during the week in the evening. I pm'ed you my number if you need to get a hold of me.
have a good flight back.
Thanks Ducktape.

·
Hodad
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Johnathan - There were only 2 in Suzuki's Holland warehouse, I bought them and the second one is spoken for. I already have the Givi and the MadStad and am pretty happy with them, but I have to at least try the sport windshield to see how the trade-off of less buffeting/more wind feels. If I decide it's not for me then you've got dibs on buying the sport screen from me.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks,
Stay in touch, I got back from a 6500km trip to Moto GP in California.
I really need to do something about the buffeting, but really want a small winsdhield.

·
Hodad
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Duck tape I may be interested but unsure of what it looks like. Can you post a link or picture? If it is the one I think lower screen tinted black put me down for one.
This is it mounted on a 'sport' version of the V-Strom from the Suzuki Great Britian website, and it is available as an accessory part.
http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/bike/vstrom650X/k7/

I've been back in Canada for over two weeks now, so you'll have to find another way to get one these windscreens over from Europe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts