StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here, although I don't own a Strom yet when I'm ready to buy that's what I'll get. :biggrin5:Seen my Screen name?:biggrin5: While at the dealer tryin' to see what kinda deal I could get on one with a trade in I was told production of the V Strom is being slowed and while they have one on the way they don't know how soon it would be before they got another. When I finally am ready I won't be able to wait. Any way to find out if there's truth to this? I just don't want to miss the boat when the time comes. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
-Matt

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've heard from more than just stromtroopers that Suzuki is cutting delivery of US bikes by up to 50% due to the "lull" in the economy. With that said, there's a good amount for sale around here, even leftover '07's, as long as you are willing to drive a couple hours to pick it up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Didn't know the economy would cause them to drop 50%. Kind of a bummer. I like seeing Stroms around. Hey, maybe I'll be able to get a better deal on one:rolleyes:.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
The US$ is a basket case at the moment. There is no manufacturer in the world who will be wanting to supply goods in the USA if they cannot get substantial prices rises on their products. That doesn't seem to be something any of the major bike manufacturers is willing to do at the moment so I am guessing that they will all be limiting what they supply to the USA and directling shipments to other countries where they can make money.
There is no problems with Wee supply here in Australia although i guess the market is far smaller than the USA one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When I was shopping for my 650 a couple of weeks ago several dealers told me they were out of 08's and did'nt know if they would be getting anymore.

·
Registered
22,313 Posts
Suzuki only ships what the dealers ordered at the dealers meeting last september, no more, no less

their decrease in production is a result of decrease in orders by the dealers

if a dealer only gets one, and doesn't know when they will get another, it means they only ordered one for the year and they will not get another one unless they get it from another dealer that overstocked by ordering more than they can sell

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thats not true, we've covered this a number of times. Dealers are not getting any of the ABS models they ordered last year, especially in the middle of the country. There have been no 08 ABS's delivered between Colorado and Ohio...Bill

·
Registered
450 Posts
There have been no 08 ABS's delivered between Colorado and Ohio...
I don't know about that... was chatting with one of my local dealers a couple of days ago and they said they'd had an 08 ABS come in a week or so ago and it sold before they got it unpacked.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't know about that... was chatting with one of my local dealers a couple of days ago and they said they'd had an 08 ABS come in a week or so ago and it sold before they got it unpacked.
Thats what I said, none in between those two states, the whole middle of the country has been left out of deliveries this year....

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
The way "ordering" for a dealer actually works is he requests from Suzuki what he'd like to have........then...... like every other manufacturer.....Suzuki builds what makes sense for them and distributes it amongst the dealers in as fair and equitable manner as possible. They somewhat have to whether it be cars,bikes or any other "distributed" product......for some interesting insight read the Honda story..Arrogance and Accords, The inside story of the Honda scandal by Steve Lynch

·
Registered
900 Posts
I had trouble getting a yellow Wee. Dealers said they were hot an the new one were all black. Plenty of Black units available, no ABS units. 1000's were also available also. I was offerd a better deal on the black ones at the few dealers that had yellow. Was an inmate here who turned me on to a very good deal on a yellow one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found an 02 w/25k for 4k. New chain, sprockets, tires and mint condition. Never been down and no scratches. Garaged. What things should I look for?

·
Registered
22,313 Posts
Thats not true, we've covered this a number of times. Dealers are not getting any of the ABS models they ordered last year, especially in the middle of the country. There have been no 08 ABS's delivered between Colorado and Ohio...Bill
when I asked my dealer (owner) if they were getting any ABS, they said no, they didn't order any, price diff was too much and they didn't feel like they would sell, and most other dealers had similar feelings

while ABS is popular request on this forum, we hardly make up a market share that most dealers are concerned with

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
107 Posts
when I asked my dealer (owner) if they were getting any ABS, they said no, they didn't order any, price diff was too much and they didn't feel like they would sell, and most other dealers had similar feelings

while ABS is popular request on this forum, we hardly make up a market share that most dealers are concerned with
The problem this year for the first time is that even if the dealers ordered ABS, they are not getting them from Suzuki...

·
Registered
22,313 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think the sales people are lying, I doubt they ordered them, they don't order many stroms to begin with, the Vstrom is not a very popular bike compared to cruisers & gixxers
I would tend to agree with you except there is an entire geographic region that is not receiving any ABS versions. I find it hard to believe that NO dealer in Texas or anywhere in the midwest ordered even ONE ABS wee.....we are talking about 20 states that have not gotten a whiff of an ABS wee. Whatever the reason, pretty shitty customer service by Suzuki. I am more convinced it comes back to the weak dollar and they diverted them to Canada and elsewhere where they could make more money...Bill

·
Registered
302 Posts
I would tend to agree with you except there is an entire geographic region that is not receiving any ABS versions. I find it hard to believe that NO dealer in Texas or anywhere in the midwest ordered even ONE ABS wee.....we are talking about 20 states that have not gotten a whiff of an ABS wee. Whatever the reason, pretty shitty customer service by Suzuki. I am more convinced it comes back to the weak dollar and they diverted them to Canada and elsewhere where they could make more money...Bill
I would tend to agree. Several of the dealers i talked to said they ordered the ABS but did not get any. I placed a down payment for a Wee abs last Novemeber. The dealer never recived any vstroms. i was unable to locate any dealer in texas that had a abs. The first of april i ended up buying a none abs wee. So far i have not needed the abs and have been happy with the bike. I hope i never will need the function of the abs. The outlook on the vstrom is not looking good for the US from all the doom and gloom i have been reading.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Thats what I said, none in between those two states, the whole middle of the country has been left out of deliveries this year....
ah, gotcha! I read it as inclusive brackets.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Honda of Toledo says they have yet to see the two they were allotted. Their information from Suzuki is they are expected within 30 days.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts