StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased some pre mixed suzuki coolant and would like to be confident that is ok to use,the reason i ask is know were on the container does it say silicate free,has anyone had any experience with this brand of coolant :?:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Never used it, but if it's a Suzuki coolant it should be fine for Suzukis, unless it's only intended for certain Suzukis. Best to ask you dealer.

Bob

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bob,thank you for your suggestion,i'm going to assume that its ok to use since on the container it does say that it is recommended for use in suzuki motorcycles,outstanding aluminium protection,non abrasive corrosion inhibitor,protects and extends water pump and water punp seal life,also the honda coolant which is silicate free is made out of the same material as the suzuki coolant which is ethylene glysol.

M

·
0 Posts
coolant question

Is it harmful to use regular car engine coolant for the Vstrom?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The trouble is there is no "regular" car engine coolant. There are a number of different types that are often color coded. The big requirement according to the manual is to be silicate free. If labeled as such and listed as safe to mix with all colors of coolant and okay for use with aluminum engines, you're probably okay. I would be comfortable using it anyway. On the other hand, my toyota Matrix uses a red, long life coolant and the manual says to not use any other brand. I wouldn't feel comfortable adding anything else.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I used the blue bottle Honda coolant in my Strom. It hasn't yet spit it back out. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts