StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I got the postcard in the mail about the recall. WTH. I asked my "sales person" about it about 10 times and he said it was done.

I kept asking because I didn't see the white dot or punch mark on the VIN.

The front brake switch seems fine so I may just blow it off. I don't want any steenking dealer touching my bike unless the motor blows up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am a new member, and picking my 12 strom up on Monday. I asked the dealer if the recall was taken care of as well, but what are you talking about on the VIN? Is there a way to tell if they did the recall work?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Postcard

I got the postcard BEFORE my bike even arrived at Heinens... Still haven't heard from them.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the postcard BEFORE my bike even arrived at Heinens... Still haven't heard from them.
:green_lol:

No that wasn't me on 694 earlier today.

I did see a DL1000 going south on 169 though. I was South of town way down around Henderson where I usually am.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I got the post card called my local dealer and he typed the vin# of my bike into the computer and told me the recall had been completed. He even read off the numbers I had on my postcard which referenced something about a brake light switch.

This was not even the dealer I bought the bike from. Just a decent service manager that offered me some great help. So this can be checked in any Suzuki dealer database. No worries...

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I simply called Suzuki customer service # in the paperwork, and asked them to check to be sure the work was done. They asked the last 9 numbers on the VIN, checked and verified it had been done before shipping.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Update: I called Suzuki in Cali today to verify if the switch has been replaced and they say it hasn't been done. :furious:

They said to bring it to another closer dealer and get the brake switch replaced. I'm gunna call and see how long this will take to repair.

Is seems to me the stealer doesn't give a F about what they know and just want to unload bikes. Big negative for Larson's to me. I liked Mike too.

EDIT: Just called a local dealer, they said they would order the kit in and schedule an appointment to change it out so I don't have to leave it there for a week.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm surprised they let you take the bike knowing that the recall hadn't been done. When I got mine the service manager said it could be a HUGE fine for them if they let me take the bike before the recall was done. I had to wait a couple extra days for it, but nothing too bad.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I suppose I could go all nasty on them and maybe get a settlement and retire early..:mrgreen:

Mike even told me too that if there was a stop sale on the bike that he could not sell the bike.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Today I got the postcard in the mail about the recall. WTH. I asked my "sales person" about it about 10 times and he said it was done.

The front brake switch seems fine so I may just blow it off. I don't want any steenking dealer touching my bike unless the motor blows up.
Look for a white paint dot on the bottom of the front brake light switch (under the pivot end of the lever). White dot = ok. It's very possible that the work was done but they never entered the warranty claim. Then when the dealer turns in the sale (probably another person in another office at the dealership) Suzuki knows the bike is sold and their records don't show it was updated. So they send you a note to get it fixed (at any authorized dealer btw). It's also possible sales guys was wrong.

HOWEVER, if your VIN isn't in the affected range, you may not have a white dot even if the switch is ok.:fineprint:

I wouldn't want a "steenking" dealer working on my bike either. But they don't all steenk.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm surprised they let you take the bike knowing that the recall hadn't been done. When I got mine the service manager said it could be a HUGE fine for them if they let me take the bike before the recall was done. I had to wait a couple extra days for it, but nothing too bad.
+1 on all of that. The switch has been available for some time though. Nobody should be waiting now.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, finally Suzuki america called today and wanted to talk to me about the survey about my new bike purchase. I gave the dealer a big FAIL about taking care of my recalled front brake switch.

Of course the dealer calls too and wants to schedule a time to put in the brake switch. I asked 3 people when I got the bike at the end of March and they said it was taken care of.

Looks like bitching works sometimes. I'm gonna bitch about a few other things too. Anybody else?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Dealer call back: Switch is on indefinite back order. :headbang:

So technically I should be NEVER be able to ride this bike. God, what a mess.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update: dealer called today and said the switch is in. Now I have to ride 70 miles one way for a switch change out.

I ran into an old friend at a rally a week or so ago and his buddy had a new ADV strom. I looked at the brake switch and it had a white dot on it, so now you know what to look for if the switch is updated.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
brake light switch

I had my dealer mail me the new switch and I returned the recalled switch via mail. Did the same thing when I spotted the gear shift pivot pin welded to the footpeg mount at an incorrect angle.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I asked if they could send it too me but they said NO. :thumbdown:

Oh well. I like that dealer anyway for looking at other cool bikes.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
still waiting for mine to come in
See if you have a white dot on the front brake switch. It may already have been replaced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I learned about the white dot at a rally too, probably the same bike you were looking at if it was the CADVR. Went and looked at mine and it has the white dot even though I got the post card in the mail from Suzuki. Probably was like someone mentioned with paperwork getting delayed since I got mine in March and didn't get post card until June.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts