StromTrooper banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Just do what I did.

Got it installed by the shop I purchased the bike from with the first service. Because they had the bike apart anyways, they installed in for me free of labour charge

Easy as.
That's what I was thinking about doing but I usually do all my work myself. Been looking for an install video because I never worked on this bike before. I literally bought it last week and rode it home and and had to winterize it because of the terrible weather here on the east coast. Anyone know of an install video on the 2015 650 model?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've installed one on mine. Did so while I had it apart to install wiring for a Garmin and some auxiliary lighting so the fairings were coming off anyway. I've not had the need to use it yet so I appreciate the suggestions about the plugs falling out while riding. I wanted to keep my cell phone charged in a tank bag.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hello all,

can somebody pls identify the kind of the plug, used on cigarette lighter, 2017 DL1000XT ?

I would like to buy another pulg, cut it, solder it to my USB socket and replace the cigarette lighter (do not want to cut my original cigarette lighter plug's connector..)

thx!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts