StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys:
My DL650 A/XA manual shows service each 6000km for the world and each 12000km for Oceania and Europe.
WTF ??? :confused:
how is that Europe and Oceania are told by Suzuki manual to service the bike each 12000km , but the dealer said 6000km (obviously they need to service the bike $$)

Suzuki : why, is it the oil ? is it the air? is it the roads?

Attachments

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
It's mostly marketing but it could be synthetic oil is specified in Europe and Australia/New Zealand. The lower limit puts more money in dealer's pockets whereas the higher limit makes the bike more competitive with other brands which make it easier to sell. The longer limit is fine mechanically if synthetic oil is used. I imagine Suzuki figured they had to change the interval in countries where it was getting to hard to sell the bikes because the competition was touting longer maintenance issues.

Unless it is counter to the warranty terms and the owner is concerned about keeping up the warranty, the longer interval can be used anywhere but I would want to use synthetic oil.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reply from Suzuki :

Good Afternoon Jonathan

Thank you for your email, you are correct we follow the Oceania servicing schedule for our machines, so you are correct this will make your servicing every 12 months or 12,000km whichever occurs first.

Kind Regards

Customer Service Officer

Suzuki Australia Pty. Limited
97-105 Cherry Lane, Laverton North, Vic 3026

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jonathan,

I've recently bought a 2017 DL650 from a local dealer. I've ridden 4,000km in three months, mostly around Western Victoria. Riding to Adelaide early August.

I'm interested in whether you have used the 12,000km service interval, or used the more frequent 6,000km interval. My own inclination is to use longer service interval which should be around every 10-12 months.

I've been very happy with my V-Strom 650. I'm a returning rider and one of my earlier bikes was a KLR650 (1990 Tengai). Have added OEM heated grips, luggage, crash bars, hand guards, centre stand, Quad Lock for IPhone, and a lower cowl.

Cheers, Mathew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts