StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not found a discussion on the stock luggage offered with the wee?
Is it decent value or should I definitely hold off and purchase aftermarket luggage?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Aftermarket is the way to go. The Suzuki stuff is about 1/2 step above junk. I bought the Suzuki topbox when I bought my bike and within the first month the screws holding the open straps in place had pulled out and let the top go clear over onto the seat. Also, with the factory topbox you have to take the box off to get the seat off. What a brilliant idea that was . . . . .

·
Registered
550 Posts
When looking for my bike I wanted to find one with luggage. I happened to find one with color matched Suzuki luggage. So far it has done very well. I haven't put it through a lot yet but I'm happy with it.

It was a good value for me because it was purchased with the bike. The Suzuki luggage is pricey and IMO you can find something else that is better quality for the same price.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I like the shape and functionality, but be aware that it is fragile. It is easly damaged. The inserts scratch easily and show white underneath. The molded plastic isn't very robust ethher. Trust me.

I just had a bag depart on its own. It came off at about 15kph after a 300km ride. Not a pretty sight.

I ordered mine after I bought the bike. It was expensive. For the same money I could have got something better.If it comes with the bike on the SE, it's not a bad deal. If you have to order it after the fact, buy something better.

SS

·
Registered
238 Posts
OEM Bags

My 07Wee came with the OEM bags, and I bought the top case from Harold, (previous post) For my commuting needs, brief case, cover and rainsuit, the OEM bags have worked fine. If I were to add bags, to a Strom, I would look at some other sources. Check out this site for the pictures section, find what fits your needs and just GO For it! The Wee is a great ride, the bags just help carring your stuff. I have made some adjustments to the topcase, bigger screws, and added sone epoxy, haven't had a problem since. A big gust of wind might change that!? Ride safe, ride often! Dave:cool:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Suzuki luggage is expen$ive compaired to others. Where they ream you is the color matched inserts you have to buy to match the bike, otherwise you have holes in the bags? If you are not going to do serious off road adventures, Givi or even Shad is a lot cheaper. Bestem makes a top trunk a lot of people on here use for less than $100. I almost bought Zook luggage but when the dealer quoted me $950 + tax, I looked around. Cheers-BB

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
suzuki

with the stock luggage you have to remove the beautiful cast aluminum rear rack and replace it with a ugly steel unit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts